Taylor Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sir,

I am wanting to order a set of Taylor wires from your website, but was hoping you could answer a couple questions for me first.

I own a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi which has 125k miles on it and is my daily driver. I'm 100% positive the previous owner did not change the wires ever, so this is long overdue.

I am looking at the Taylor wires on your website and cannot for the life of me decide between the shorty and full length wires. Here is my confusion:

I have read multiple places of issues with the short wires, however, I have also read where people swear by them. Most of the issues I have read were from 2012ish time frame, and were of high rpm/load misses and cold start problems. Have these issues been resolved over the years, or are these still known issues?

Secondly, what is the benefit of the 10mm wires over the 8/8.2 wires? I assume it has to do with electrical resistance, but would really appreciate some information on that.

Thanks for any help/info, and I look forward to ordering from you soon.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The drivability issues wth shorties was very inconsistent. Some trucks had issues, and some didn't. I ran them myself on my 03, and they were perfect on motor, but would cause the truck to backfire when used with nitrous. I would play it on the safe side and just go with the long wires.

As for the thickness, the 10.4mm just have a thicker insulation around them. There is really no need to go larger than the 8.2mm, so I would go with the 8.2mm.

OP
OP
M

Masimus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

So on a daily driven truck that will never see the track or forced induction of any kind, you would still suggest the full length wires?

If so, you just reuse your stock wire tray and the Taylor wires fit in it, correct?

Thanks!