TB & Intake Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two opposable thumbs up to Matt! I recently purchased an 87mm TB, which he graciously installed, along with an S&B intake (installed on 3/28), catch can (on back order), and a Jet 180 Tstat (to be installed this week...hopefully). He is a super nice guy whom goes out of his way to make customers and non-customers happy! Highly recommended :D

In terms of the TB prior to intake install, my initial response was...buttery. My truck feels more responsive, less restricted, and doesn't lag on or off the throttle. On throttle there is no "shift bump" or lag when you need power response, it just performs the way I expect it to; also idling much smoother...buttery ;)

After almost a week of driving street/freeway with just the TB installed, I've finally been able to experience the combination of the added S&B intake vs. stock the past two days; the difference is noticeable. The truck feels more "airy" as if the TB can finally breathe. For what it's worth, it might also have a positive effect with mpg too. Normally my onboard diagnostic is +/- .2 off from calculated mpg and commuting streets from work will drop my mpg quite dramatically if I don't watch it. However, yesterday in street traffic my mpg wavered down by only .1 while being fairly aggressive with the throttle. Does this mean anything? I dunno...means I'm smiling ear to ear :D

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
mmmm...Buttery...haha