Thanks Moe's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a Superchips 3840 at the end of last week and came home today to find it on my door step. I updated it tonight and installed the 87 tune on my 08 Hemi Ram. Took the truck for a ride and I'm very pleased with the product and very happy with the service from Moe's!

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sadi you used the 87 tune. Would not recommend running 87 octane if you are. Bad for these trucks. At least run 89. Its worth the few extra pennies a gallon.

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Up here in Canada I only run Shell V-Power Premium, as it is the only gasoline available here that doesn't contain any enthanol. I Believe it is 91 octane.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Up here in Canada I only run Shell V-Power Premium, as it is the only gasoline available here that doesn't contain any enthanol. I Believe it is 91 octane.

lucky i wish i could get that kind of gas here without it having to be racefuel

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Husky fuel stops here offer 94 octane but it also has ethanol in it, and I don't know if it's true, but I've been told that ethanol is terrible for any engine, so that's why I run the Shell V-Power.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont really know how bad it is for an engine but ive heard you get worse milage with gas that has it mixed in vs non ethanol gas

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Husky fuel stops here offer 94 octane but it also has ethanol in it, and I don't know if it's true, but I've been told that ethanol is terrible for any engine, so that's why I run the Shell V-Power.

Ethanol is terrible for engines! All the gas stations around me sell "recreational" fuel. It's premium without ethanol...91, sometimes higher octane.

Short story.... I stopped in at the local small engine shop and the owner showed me what he scraped out of an engine whose owner used nothing but the cheap ethanol blend....it looked like apple jelly! I don't want that crap in my HEMI! :biggun:

OP
OP
SD38-2

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use 89 in my truck all the time. I just have the 87 tune loaded on the truck. In the region I live in all gas is ethanol blend but a couple counties over you can buy gas without ethanol. I do love having the MDS disabled, I should have disabled it a long time ago!