What's up Moe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ordered a BT catch can for my Ram 1500 from you guys 10 days ago . On the website , I keep seeing that the order " is processing ". I've sent an email and a pm to hemi450hp inquiring as to when I can expect shipment but have yet to receive any response . Is this how you do business ? I love this forum and decided to help someone endorsed by these forums , but am beginning to regret my decision to purchase from you guys when j could have already had my catch can installed if I purchased it elsewhere . Is this how business is operated ? As a business owner myself , who understands the importance of customer service , I would have at least appreciated a response .

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I apologize, but I don't remember seeing a pm from you. What is the name on your order? Satin catch cans are in stock and would have shipped same day. Custom colors have a 20 business day lead time as outlined in the item description on the website.

Let me know the name on your order though in case it was a satin can that may have gotten lost in shipping.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Jetsfan122

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the response. I did in fact order a custom color and did not notice the 20 day wait . I apologize for the " rant " . I guess I should have read the " fine print" . Lol.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
No problem. We are very quick to process orders, so all in stock items go out same day, and special orders are placed with the manufacturer that same day. If this is something you need quicker, we can ship a satin can out tomorrow. Otherwise, BT will send us tracking info as soon as this is ready to ship, and we will forward that to you as soon as we receive it. Just let me know what works best for you.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Jetsfan122

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll wait for the custom one . Thanks .

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to say , Moe's has ALWAYS been VERY quick to get me any and all parts that I have needed. Thanks Matt for everything!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I have to say , Moe's has ALWAYS been VERY quick to get me any and all parts that I have needed. Thanks Matt for everything!!

Thank you. You get your new pan on?

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did , long story though...... It didn't make any difference in the temps, so it definitely has to be the converter. Problem is , I came to the dealer to test a couple of 8spds....... They happen to have a scat pack charger on the lot. Actually picking it up as we speak. Gonna be a little while before I get to have another ram. It's a sad day with a happy ending. That being said , I pulled the pan off before the trade in , along with a bunch of other stuff. Too bad I didn't have time to pull the headers:(. Needless to say I have a few things goin on the classifieds. Still gonna show love for the Rams , but I'd definitely get an 8spd next time around.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hate to see you get rid of the Ram, but you are going to have some fun in that Charger. Sean has a few with tune only that are running 11.6-11.8. Its crazy how fast those cars can be with just a few simple upgrades.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your not kidding!!!! I will be contacting him. Of course I kept my trinity!!!

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
84e8db030f37b94b4cc45ffd4a4fd928.jpg
cc8d65fa73cdfc7bc0bbe1c9eeb6baa2.jpg

The new beast!!!!
Eventually I'll pick up a used Ram and do it all over again!!!!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
84e8db030f37b94b4cc45ffd4a4fd928.jpg
cc8d65fa73cdfc7bc0bbe1c9eeb6baa2.jpg

The new beast!!!!
Eventually I'll pick up a used Ram and do it all over again!!!!

:drool::drool::drool: Mind me asking purchase price?? I'm still pushing the GF to pull the plug and buy one and lucky for me she doesn't want a base model, I guess the speed addiction from my truck has worn on her and she wants something fun and faster.

and on another note, were you getting high temps in the trans??

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:drool::drool::drool: Mind me asking purchase price?? I'm still pushing the GF to pull the plug and buy one and lucky for me she doesn't want a base model, I guess the speed addiction from my truck has worn on her and she wants something fun and faster.

and on another note, were you getting high temps in the trans??

Yeah, tranny temps were getting upwards of 200*. Even after the deep 68rfe pan. Pretty sure it was the pump or the converter. Really didn't want to drop any more coin on a 6spd. So I went for the 8 and left with the charger!!!!
Sticker was just under 49k , not much room for negotiation because of the specialty of the scat pack, but they came down to A little under 47k. The car is absolutely amazing. It runs a 12.5 bone stock and can still get 25mpg on the hwy. It eases the pain of missing my ram.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I really like the looks of the new scatpack, SRT, and hellcat chargers. I think its the only 4 door car I would buy right now.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, tranny temps were getting upwards of 200*. Even after the deep 68rfe pan. Pretty sure it was the pump or the converter. Really didn't want to drop any more coin on a 6spd. So I went for the 8 and left with the charger!!!!
Sticker was just under 49k , not much room for negotiation because of the specialty of the scat pack, but they came down to A little under 47k. The car is absolutely amazing. It runs a 12.5 bone stock and can still get 25mpg on the hwy. It eases the pain of missing my ram.

I will have to make the dealer look at the TC or if the pump wasn't installed right when they just rebuilt it 4-5k miles ago... I'm not sure if they used a new or the original TC... Didn't think about it being a TC issue. I'm getting temps on hotter days with regular driving around 200-210 constant.

As for the Scat pack that's about what I was expecting, I ran a build and the set up and options on a scat pack ordered was going to be about 48k... I'm ok with spending 50k on a fast family ride, just not sure if I can let the GF have a faster vehicle than me :roflsquared: We were looking at Hellcats this weekend and she was fine with the 74k price tag on them.. I thought she was kidding but she was serious... I guess the days she uses my truck and I bite my nails has paid off to where she has been bitten by the speed HP bug.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's pretty hot. I put my money on the pump. But the code that shows up for me is p0740 for TC solenoid. I just replaced that w/the deeper maghytec and it's still climbing that high. So either the stall isn't locking up and it's creating all that friction or the pump is no good. The stall only has ~5k on it and the rebuilt tranny only had ~15k. Just couldn't justify opening it up again and dumping more cash. Woe is me!!!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's pretty hot. I put my money on the pump. But the code that shows up for me is p0740 for TC solenoid. I just replaced that w/the deeper maghytec and it's still climbing that high. So either the stall isn't locking up and it's creating all that friction or the pump is no good. The stall only has ~5k on it and the rebuilt tranny only had ~15k. Just couldn't justify opening it up again and dumping more cash. Woe is me!!!

Yeah I can feel mine not lock up sometimes like it should... the repair is under warranty so I will push that card, I have thrown codes for excessive trans temps but thats it... I'm going to push back a little harder, I have been rather nice so far with the dealer. time to bring out the heavy hand.

Kytow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the 2800 torque converters cause heat issues regularly?

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the 2800 torque converters cause heat issues regularly?

Sent from somewhere with confusion.

Never had one until the rebuild. nor have I heard anyone having issues with larger stalls either

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye