Bully's has got to be the WORST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Worst experience I have ever had ordering anything online ever! Not only were they not able to ship a Vararam Air Grabber to my wife in time for her to give it to me for my birthday, they also sent the wrong item!

They claimed it was not they're fault and the fist time the item got "lost" at the sorting center. The second time they claim it came back to them. It finally shipped on the supposed third time, which wasn't in time for it to be here in order for my wife to give it to me on my birthday. She was crushed! She plotted and tried so hard to get me something I really wanted without me not knowing only for it not to be here in time and then when it did finally show up, wrong on top of that!

They then gave me a $100 store credit and said they rectified the situation and a replacement was on it's way from Vararam. At this point I was fine with everything, I understand things happen sometimes...

Well it wasn't rectified because they neglected to verify the new item ever shipped! It wasn't until Steve from Vararam PM'd me cause he saw my post about receiving the wrong lid, that he was made aware of the situation and shipped me out a replacement lid. When I contacted them to complain yet again and tell them they could keep they're $100 credit, they offered to give me more credits or cash back on my purchase if I would not leave negative comments or reviews! I declined because I feel everyone should know this is how they do business! I urge anyone looking to order from them to look elsewhere!!! There are a ton of companies that offer the same items and hopefully know how to treat there costumers better than offering to buy there silence!

I'm sure they will follow up to this with more shipping woes and saying they contacted Vararam because that's what they already told me. But here is the plain and simple truth as I see it. They neglected to do they're jobs correctly, made my wife feel horrible, sent the wrong item, and neglected to verify it was taken care of. Then because of there incompetence, they offered to buy me off for my silence!!!

That's Bully's for you folks...

Texas Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Subscribed…
Anxious to see the replies for this one. Sorry about your situation though. Happy late birthday.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I'm sure it was out of their control. I deffinetly agree that it is on their shoulders when something gets messed up, but they did their job and gave you a generous credit. You do have the right to be angry, but you surely do not have enough experience to say "that's bully's for you", I have seen probably 100 posts here about bully's, and up until now, they have all been positive. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your incident but I think you are making it seem like this is something that happens often with them

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Sorry to see this, as I had a great experience with Bully's ordering my Vararam. I've had bad experiences like this before with other vendors, but in the end I've never been offered a 25%+ store credit to make up for it, whether it was to buy my "silence" or not. I understand your frustration but a $100 credit plus either more credit or a discount on your purchase is a way to rectify the situation to let you know they don't think it's acceptable for this to happen. There's really not much else that can be done once this type of situation occurs besides what they've offered, which as I see it is pretty reasonable (just my opinion).

Happy birthday anyway...mine's tomorrow ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
First, let us apologize for the entire situation. This was one freak of nature that turned into a tornado, but as I stated before..

We told your wife the first shipment was held at the UPS sort facility. Somewhere between our shop and their (UPS) location the label became unreadable. This is why there was no movement on it. Once we got to the bottom of that we drove to the sort facility picked up the package took it to the UPS store, had them make a label there for next day air. The next day it was delivered to our shop... for who knows what reason. We took it back to UPS to have them next day it to you once again. I issue a $100 credit for it not getting there by your birthday and for for all the delays.

Not sure why you got the wrong lid. However we did get and respond to her email stating we would have the correct lid shipped to you straight from Vararam and it would be on our dime and no one else's.

The email was sent on the 30th about the wrong lid. Not sure if it was not received or did not go through but we do have a time stamped copy of it in our sentbox that was provided to you. I apologized for all the inconveniences and offered to do whatever we had to to turn a negative into a positive (as any smart business would do).
There was some communication errors and for that we do take the blame, however ANYTIME we have a negative situation we do whatever we can to to make it right, if anything we did/offered was not fair or reasonable from a business stand point then I do not know what is and for that again I apologize that we were not able to turn the situation around.

In regards to our return policy it is black and white on our site. Returns are accepted however a 15% restocking fee plus original shipping would deducted from the amount of the refund and buyer pays return shipping.

We are trying to be as accommodating and reasonable as possible in regards to this order.
Shipping is always included. When the initial shipment did not go right we paid for next day air (twice), and issued a $100 credit. Between shipping costs and store credit that is almost $500, shipping alone was was total of almost $400, I provided her every single tracking number involved in this issue so she would know I was not blowing smoke. I have gone out of my way and spent a lot to make this right as we will always will do when something does not go right as at that point it is not about the cost anymore it is about the customer!

Hope this sums it up for you. We tried to relay this to you but you would not have it. If you want to return it, that is fine.
Simply email or call and we can discuss the return procedures, as you have turned down our offer of reimbursement and getting to keep the Vararam.

We are still more than willing to make this right. Afford us the chance or don't it is up to you at this point we have done our part, and as stated still more than willing to make the situation right!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry to see this, as I had a great experience with Bully's ordering my Vararam. I've had bad experiences like this before with other vendors, but in the end I've never been offered a 25%+ store credit to make up for it, whether it was to buy my "silence" or not. I understand your frustration but a $100 credit plus either more credit or a discount on your purchase is a way to rectify the situation to let you know they don't think it's acceptable for this to happen. There's really not much else that can be done once this type of situation occurs besides what they've offered, which as I see it is pretty reasonable (just my opinion).

Happy birthday anyway...mine's tomorrow ;)

As I stated when they originally gave me the $100 store credit and claimed shipping issues and that they contacted Vararam and the correct lid was being sent right from Vararam, I was ok with everything, I agreed to those terms and even thanked them!

Yesterday I was contacted by Steve from Vararam only because he saw and read my post about the Air Grabber I recieved and installed. He saw in the post that I did not recieve the right lid and one was supposed to be coming from him, well that was news to him. He said that no one from Bully's contacted him but now that he knew he would get me the correct lid shipped out ASAP!

When I conntacted Bully's again to call them out on this latest development, they claimed they emailed them. I told them they could keep they're credit and that I wanted nothing further to do with them and I surley was not going to order through them again, and would let everyone know about the situation. That's when they offered a partial refund to my credit card or more store credit for me not leaving "negative press".

I think that is BS and am offended by that! I don't believe they should be able to mess up that badly on one order and then offer to buy me off so they don't look bad! They have a ton of good reviews, but what if I am not the first one they offeded a "deal" to? Everyone should know that this happened so it does not happen in the future to anyone else...

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes you are right! It is not the only time we have offered someone something to turn a negative into a positive.
With any business you ca not be perfect 100% of the time, but when the ball is dropped you do whatever possible to correct the situation.
When we make an offer, we do not do it for a good review as that is immoral. We do it to make the customer happy knowing that we do care about their satisfaction and truly are sorry that what happened!

We always try to make things right.

We offered to cover your Vararam and reimburse you 100%
Tis on top of all the other cost gone into making this right.
Not sure what else we can do here.

We are sorry to see it come to this and do accept our apologies

Last edited by a moderator:

FrenicX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's not a "deal", that's reconciliation. Want to see a ****** company? Deal with 4wheelonline.com (not to be confused with 4wheelparts.com)

You would beg for service like this after dealing with 4wheelonline.

Cut your losses, move on.

With that being said though, I really feel for you and your wife, it's pretty a disappointing situation. But, as they say.. Spilled milk.

OP
OP
K

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cut your losses, move on.

With that being said though, I really feel for you and your wife, it's pretty a disappointing situation. But, as they say.. Spilled milk.

Agreed!! That's what I told them, I was done! I have rejected all there offers and do not want anything from them nor have I asked for anything. Steve is sending me the correct lid and I have the intake I want, I'm good. I simply wanted everyone to know about the situation...

That to me is part of what these forums are about, a place for people with a common interest to share, help, show, give and receive advise and post good and bad reviews. I am simply sharing a bad experience and providing a bad review based on that experience...

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed!! That's what I told them, I was done! I have rejected all there offers and do not want anything from them nor have I asked for anything. Steve is sending me the correct lid and I have the intake I want, I'm good. I simply wanted everyone to know about the situation...

That to me is part of what these forums are about, a place for people with a common interest to share, help, show, give and receive advise and post good and bad reviews. I am simply sharing a bad experience and providing a bad review based on that experience...

Once again we apologize.
I will keep the offer on the table for the week

Give you time to cool down.
We are not 'buying' you off rather trying to make it right and hope you can appreciate that.

I understand personally what you feel.
I started on these boards as a member. Just like you. This is a place to share, post positive feedback and negative. I understand the power of the forum we strive to be in our customers shoes each and every day we provide product and our services.

Again the offer is there
It would be our birthday present to you as well.
Let me know

Last edited:

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Since nobody else seems willing to say it...

...I'll take that store credit off your hands if you're not interested! It'd be a shame to let it go to waste lol.

OP
OP
K

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Once again we apologize.
I will keep the offer on the table for the week

And what offer is that? If your referring to the post left at 10:45 about reimbursing me 100% that was never discussed in our PM's...

The first and only mention of that was when this all spilled over to the boards, in what I assume is an effort to make yourself look good! Like I said, I have the intake I want, and the lid my wife originally ordered is on it's way, I'm good. I want nothing from you, so any and all offers can be taken off the table as of now...

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And what offer is that? If your refering to the post left at 10:45 about reimbursing me 100% that was never disscussed in our PM's...

The first and only mention of that was when this all spilled over to the boards, in what I assum is an effort to make yourself look good! Like I said, I have the intake I want, and the lid my wife originally ordered is on it's way, I'm good. I want nothing from you, so any and all offers can be taken off the table as of now...

this is what was sent to you via PM

"You let me know what we have to do to make this right with you and avoid negative press and I will do everything in my power to make that happen even if it means giving a credit back to your purchasing method. This has got way more out of hand then what it originally was and for that I apologize again."

when we say credit back to your original purchasing method this is a 100% reimbursement.

That was and is our offer.

It's not to make ourselves look good, its our belief in customer satisfaction and making things right...but only if it makes it right by you. This does not seem to be the case

In any event. At the very least, pls accept our apologies

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

karposvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
this is what was sent to you via PM

AND I QUOTE

"You let me know what we have to do to make this right with you and avoid negative press and I will do everything in my power to make that happen even if it means giving a credit back to your purchasing method. This has got way more out of hand then what it originally was and for that I apologize again."

when we say credit back to your original purchasing method this is a 100% reimbursement unless stated otherwise.

Correct.
100% reimbursement.

It's not to make ourselves look good, its our belief in customer satisfaction and making things right...but only if it makes it right by you. This does not seem to be the case

In any event. At the very least, pls accept our apologies

I do not expect or want anything for free...I work hard to earn what I have and want! What I wanted I ordered from you, you were not able to provide it to me in the allotted time or even the right item for that matter. So what I want now is for everyone to know how really badly the ball was dropped on your end...

I have achieved that and thanks to Steve at Vararam, not you, I will have the exact item I wanted and ordered originally. Like I said, I'm good!

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I do not expect or want anything for free...I work hard to earn what I have and want! What I wanted I ordered from you, you were not able to provide it to me in the allotted time or even the right item for that matter. So what I want now is for everyone to know how really badly the ball was dropped on your end...

I have achieved that and thanks to Steve at Vararam, not you, I will have the exact item I wanted and ordered originally. Like I said, I'm good!

good to hear you are good :)

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7

We accept full responsibility for this....
We hope once corrected all this can be put behind us.

All the best

NGin402

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1500 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7L SOHC
What is expected when something goes off target? It seems to be a generous offer of compensation. You viewing it as "buying" your silence is just childish. Unless they specifically said "We will give you this if you keep your mouth shut," that is above and beyond what any business would do.

Things go haywire, and it seems like they took a big hit to get this right. All I have seen on here is a cordial and professional attempt to rectify the situation to a bitter grown-baby.

I feel sorry that your birthday was ruined by a mistake. Ruck up and move out.

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow this is a **** storm!!! Now I understand things happen, I've been on the receiving end of poor venders and had to fight to get things corrected and I was never offered what you were. Your lucky they responded in a timely manner, offered not only store credit but overnight shipping then a full reimbursement. In my eyes and this isn't me saying this cause im sponsored by them but THEY CORRECTED THE ISSUE AND WENT WAY ABOVE WHAT THEY NEEDED TO!!!! Yeah it sucked this happened to you, **** dude it would suck for anyone! But they still tried to rectify the situation and its not called paying you for silence! I guess people just need to ***** about something regardless of how nice people are and whats offered to them.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread started as a review from a customer who had a bad experience. Imo it has turned into a back and forth banter short of name calling. I for one come on this forum to read constructive reviews and learn more about my truck. I appreciate the op for making this post. I also appreciate the response from the vendor to try and rectify the mistake. All the other **** in between just sounds like noise blah blah blah. Nothing more to see here move along now. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963