ljvsnyder Bully's Performance build;

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, to start my truck has been on the slow build process, hence the need for a sponsor to get the ball rolling.

Current mods:

35% tint on front windows with brow on windshield (had to stay legal)
285/75-17's on stock ST wheels
Westin side steps
Ventshades
TonoPro folding bed cover
H&S Mini Maxx, still in box waiting to be installed. (no garage and the weather has sucked since I bought the tuner, as for supporting mods to go with it I plead the the 5th and refuse to answer question concerning them without an attorney):laughing1:
O'Riely's tailgate assist
Custom painted front emblem by myself
black headlights
plasti dipped grill (soon to be painted, hope I don't screw it up)
Custom painted EGR and CCV covers.
Power Wagon fender flares (in shed waiting to be installed)

How she started
picture.php

They way she sits now

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More pics of mods to come. She ain't as pretty as the other trucks on here, but she is mine and paid for and used as a daily drive and worked on weekends. And still has to sleep outdoors.

Future mods, leveling kit or lift, haven't decided. Wheels looking to black with machined face. Transmission rebuild by Revmax or ATS, when the stock blows up. Grill guard of some kind, still deciding. And anything else I can get that seems like a good way to spend my money.

Last edited:

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
well, the 6.7 is slower than the 5.9 when all stock, but has major potential when heavily modded.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my truck. The 4th gens are much nicer on the inside than my dad's 2nd gen. So far haven't had any power issues. The 6.7 doesn't have that noteable diesel sound as much, kind of miss the sound of the 5.9L, but along with smoother sound you get a much smoother powertrain. So I will take the improvements.

Future plans after a built transmission is to add a twin turbo system. I am only looking at going 650-750 HP. Haven't raced any 5.9L yet to see if TheMaddog is correct. But I can say I have surprised a few rice tuners, when they pull up with their coffee can exhaust tips revving their engines like they are big a bad, and then get stomped by an 8,000 lb truck.

So what products does Discount Auto Performance have access to for the CTD?

02 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 NSRT-4
Engine
2.4L Turbo
i will be watching for the twin turbo build!!! i started on the late 80's, early 90's turbo dodge cars. they are a blast to drive and get good gas mileage and can be tweaked to run high horse power. theres a few 4 bangers that are pushing 500-600 HP with the stock internals and get 30 city believe it or not, as long as your not in the throttle. 4th gen RAM's are nice and i would love to get one. only reason i wanna sell my car

as far as products, ill take a look into that for ya. ill PM you when i get done researching that ;)

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My first car I bought my self was a 1991 Dodge Daytona with a 3.0 V6. Loved that car, could keep up with a mid '90's mustangs and handled better. Always wanted to tune it, but as a poor college student that never happened. One day I will get another, may even throw a V8 in it like Dodge did for a show car. Believe it or not there was a Lamborghini powered Daytona produced, but never put into production. God I miss "Lee" Iacocca, new how to push the limits.

Last edited by a moderator:

02 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 NSRT-4
Engine
2.4L Turbo
My first car I bought my self was a 1991 Dodge Daytona with a 3.0 V6. Loved that car, could keep up with a mid '90's mustangs and handled better. Always wanted to tune it, but as a poor college student that never happened. One day I will get another, may even throw a V8 in it like Dodge did for a show car. Believe it or not there was a Lamborghini powered Daytona produced, but never put into production. God I miss "Lee" Iacocca, new how to push the limits.

finally!!! someone who "knows" these cars!! they were badass and still are. Lee Iacocca bailed Dodge out with these cars. they were good on gas and pretty fast. the IROC RT 0-60 times were 6.3 and the mustang GT was 6.2 or something close to that. not bad for half the cylinders. the V6 cars still dont have much out there for them aftermarket wise, but theres a few guys who turbo'd them

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a DIY ram air induction with mine, using a register vent, K&N filter, some weather stripping and a cutout in a used hood. Worked well and gave the car a throatier sound. As for your Iroc R/T what year is it. If it is a post 1993 there were only 230 of those ever made, if I only had some money laying around to buy yours from you.

02 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 NSRT-4
Engine
2.4L Turbo
yeah, theres small stuff that can be done, just not much aftermarket availability.

i did check and we have pretty much anything for diesels, its just not loaded on the site yet

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you guys carry wheels as well? Can you get Carli suspension parts?

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're gonna love it with the tuner on and deletes done. Low 14s if you have the high output cummins, probably high 14s with the standard version

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
You're gonna love it with the tuner on and deletes done. Low 14s if you have the high output cummins, probably high 14s with the standard version

Once it's tuned it doesn't matter if it's a std or HO, the tuner takes care of the difference

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was PO'd I bought my 2011 the next week the anounced the high output. Always my luck. I am not as concerned with turning a fast 1/4 as I am being able to pull a redwood out of the ground, that is true power. That is why the goal is a twin turbo, the 6.7 loves a twin setup for pulling. Thanks for the compliments everyone.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you guys carry wheels as well? Can you get Carli suspension parts?

Wheels we can get. We may have to go direct to Carli to get their suspension.
Any questions 02 Ram can assist

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What brands do you have access to?

We are building our inventory list but presently we can do RCX, BDS and a handful of others.
Carli is one we do not have at this point.