Sponsorship application! Extended Till Saturday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Due to all the requests here ya go!
Extended till Saturday 20th

DISCOUNT AUTO PERFORMANCE'S OFFICIAL SPONSORSHIP CONTEST

We are proud to announce that we are searching for 2-3 RAMS to sponsor, the contest rules are pretty straight forward, and listed below. You ask, why get sponsored by DAP (Discount Auto Performance)? Well it is very simple.

All parts are given to you at our cost! that's right no markup!

Requirements.

1. Must be atleast 18 years old
2. Must own a 3rd or 4th gen RAM
3. Must submit atleast 4 pictures of truck (side view(s), front view, interior pic, and engine bay pic)
4. Must be an active forum member.
5. Must attend atleast 1 car show per year. (don't have to be entered in the show but this will be preferred)
6. Must submit atleast a 750 word write up why we should choose you, including a brief description of your truck, mods done, or planned, and what city, state you live in.
7. IF SELECTED, you must have a Discount Auto Performance decal in the color of your choice along the top rear of the back glass or on the front eyebrow part of the windshield. This will be provided to you at no cost.
8. If selected you will have a Sponsored vehicle thread here in our vendor thread where everyone who visits gets to check out your truck.
9. Link to your sponsored vehicle thread must be in your forum signature.
10. Must remain active on these boards, otherwise sponsorship can and may be revoked

To submit your application simply post it here in this thread, no off topic discussions.

All questions will be copied into this post, answered below "FAQ" style and then the original post will be deleted to keep the clutter down :)

1. Is this contest being ran on more than 1 board?
Answer
It is being ran on other boards, however we are looking specifically for 2-3 truck here from the RF, and the number of application submitted and approved on other boards will not affect the number of winners selected here on the RF which will be 2-3.

2.Does DAP prefer trucks with mods already or one that can be built up?
Answer
We are 100% open to both, no application will be overlooked regardless of mods done or not done.

Thanks
Jeremiah and Andrew
Discount Auto Performance

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My name’s Manuel Camacho. I'm 21 years old from Baldwin Park, California. When I was 17 I got my license and began driving a 2003 Ram 1500 with the 3.7L V6. I thought it was the best truck on the road until I joined this site. I then realized my truck was too basic. I held off on the mods until I had the chance to pick up a worthy rig. Four years later, after many financial hiccups, through my parents’ hard times, and even now holding up the household while both my parents are unemployed, I drive a 2007 Ram 1500 4x4 with the Hemi. Although it’s only been with me for 3 months it is my pride and joy because I have worked so hard for it. It has been my goal since joining the forum back in 2010 and every day that I went to work, I knew exactly what I wanted. Now, it’s my only true “getaway” from life. Every penny in that truck came out of my own pocket and it makes it that much more special to me. My family is real proud of me for sticking to my goal and accomplishing it, while at the same time keeping my priorities in order at home and in school. Covering utilities and food at home and buying tools (I’m in the beginning stages of my career as an automotive technician) leaves me kind of dry on funds to spend on mods but I manage to scrape together money here and there. This sponsorship would really help me get to where I want to be with my truck.
I have a few things done to it such as a Magnaflow muffler, electric cutout, Volant CAI, 33” Nitto Terra Grappler tires with 18” XD Series Monsters. I have many things planned for my truck in the immediate future such as a Superchips tuner, Bilstein shocks, N-fab steps, and Recon lights. Future mods include Pacesetter long tube headers with high flow cats, 4.56 gears front and back with an LSD setup, a 6” lift with 35” tires on 20” rims, and a Pioneer double din unit with viper alarm and remote start added in. Many other things are planned as well such as a ported throttle body, led interior lights, tow mirrors, a Bedrug, and some sort of train horn setup. I wish I could get all of this done at once but of course funds are not unlimited. Any help, especially with a sponsorship such as this, would be greatly appreciated. I plan to attend many car and truck shows in my area so Discount Auto Performance would definitely get exposure with me. Thanks for taking the time to read through this long post DAP.

IMG_20130404_182001_332_zps98f448fd.jpg
2013-03-15_17-54-33_19_zps73985772.jpg
IMG_20130407_141619_271_zpse9391ccb.jpg
IMG_20130405_201704_772_zps9c45ee68.jpg
IMG_20130407_141640_514_zps5eef32da.jpg
IMG_20130410_185316_252_zps78c4ca7b.jpg

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Told you to get it ready ;)

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
What is the deadline for this contest?

I need to get a picture of the engine bay and I can have my entry posted either tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday

Last edited:

hnrypat21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Who I am?
I am a regular 22 year old guy who enjoys putting a large portion of time into my vehicle an all black 2012 Ram 1500. My weekends consist of cleaning my truck, working on my truck, or the best part just driving around showing it off. I have come a long way from when I purchased the truck and I am getting complements all the time for it but it is still just a project. This spring I will be installing a full air suspension amongst other things to complete it the way I have planned for. Below is a summary of what I have done, what I am about to do and where I am planning on taking the truck this 2013 show season. the only award i won was at a local charity car show but it was "Dynamics Choice" dynamic tint is a local tint shop that was running the whole show. this season being that the truck is a little more advanced in the modding then last summer i plan on going to quite a bit of shows in the Pa, NJ, De area (Shows that i am absolutely going to listed below.

Upcoming shows I will be attending

April 7th 3rd Anual Redz Car show Philadelphia Pa.

April 13 Tune Time Performance Car Show Lakewood NJ.

May 18 All Mopar & AMC Spring Meet Doylestown Pa.

June 1 NCPD's 2nd annual Fallen Heroes Car show Pottstown Pa.

june 21-22 Mega Mopar Action Mohnton Pa.

july 14 Grounded for life "1 day Slam" Bristol Pa

August 2-4 Carlisle Truck Nations Carlisle Pa.

currently i have a good amount of mods here and there (Listed below) but i have big plans for the next 2 months a blower, full adjustable air suspension, headers, throttle body, new painted wheels, and more (also listed below)

Modifications
Wheels- SRT 10 22"x10" (black) in the shop now to be painted black and metallic Purple)

Suspension- Currently lowered 5" front -7" rear (soon to be on air bags)

Audio- Currently stock, end of spring will have 4 6"x9" speakers, 2 12" subwoofers with a custom enclosure in the bed. and a lll interior speakers replaced with 1 12" subwoofer with custom enclosure in the cab

exterior-
1.Tinted Windows 3M Color Stable 35% on the windshield 5% on the side windows and 5% over 35% on the rear glass

2.Smoked Recon Tail lights and third brake light

3.Smoked Headlights and Foglights (12,000K HID)

4.StreetScene Roll pan with flip down license plate holder (soon to be controlled with an actuator with reverse camera hidden behind plate.)

5.Bed Rug

6.Leer bed cover

Under the hood. S&B Cold Air intake (Soon To have a Procharger supercharger just had to wait until the 2011+ Rams Cold be tuned)

Exhaust-Flowmaster 40 series muffle (Ordered American Racing Headers and Catless Mid pipe.)

Horn- hornblasters

when weather breaks a little bit the truck will be sent to a local pinstriper to put some Old School California style designs on the tailgate in the metallic purple that will be on the Srt10 wheels.

Stock...
ram1500stock.jpg

how it looks now!
IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0897.png

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where to start, my name is Drew and currently I am working full time for a local farm/vineyard while attending Cal Poly Slo, and living in Pismo Beach California. So every dime really helps. I had my 07 quad cab ram 1500 built to almost exactly where I wanted it, but that was just the problem, there was nothing new or exciting to do. I sold it and now here I am with a 2012 1500 Crew Cab Express that I couldn’t love more! The truck has done everything I’ve asked it to do so far and then some! I’ve already taken it on various road trips and put it to the test in 4X4 and she hasn’t blinked. Currently I have added a 20% tint in the front, limo over the stock in the back, debadged (except the Hemi logo and ram heads), added Weather Tech floor mats, a Weather Guard low profile black tool box, Line-Xed the bed, and this weekend I’m in the process of installing my two Alpine 12” shallow mounts under the rear seats. In the near future I plan to upgrade my door speakers, putting 6.5” in the front with tweeters, just the 6.5” co axel speakers in the back and a Pioneer DD deck while deadening the whole truck. I also have ordered a set of retrod lights from retroshop ;) that I will be installing as soon as they are in (you guys have to wait on a description until i get them), while adding HID’s in my fog lights. I will be painting the front and rear ram badges white and black to match the theme of the truck. I also plan on adding some off road lighting, behind the grill and getting led tails so that I can tint them. I am also planning a throttle body upgrade, tuner and cold air intake, as well as headers down the road. For suspension I plan on going with a Rough Country 4” suspension lift while adding Grapplers as my tire of choice on some rims that will be decided when the time comes! The last mod I will add to this list, which will endlessly grow I’m sure, is color matched door handles as well as mirrors, with a sport hood. Clearly I cannot expect all this to happen over night, but I’m proud to say I pay for my truck, gas, insurance and mods myself while attending school and working. Annually I attend the Pismo Car Show, Paso Robles Car Show, and Santa Maria Car Show. I’m just the typical weekend warrior who could use every bit of help I can get in order to make my truck into the vision I have in my head and I hope Discount Auto Performance is willing to help me out, but regardless I am thankful for the chance and the read by not only Discount Auto Performance, but also anyone just passing through. image_zps62911a43.jpgIMG_8692.jpgimage_zps44040b03.jpgimage_zps9c7b71c4.jpg

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sponsorship application! 72 hours only

I talked with my wife some more. We decided we have too much going on right now and for the foreseeable future to be worried about a truck.

Best of luck to all you guys, though.

Last edited:

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is this still open for application?

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

is this still open for application?

I think negatory. A previous post said 9:00pm Saturday, of last weekend. Sorry bud, but these guys are great to work with so maybe they can help you out, they did for all the ones who just missed the last contest by making this one, so who knows.

Chadh1028

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Names Chad, I'm from Pittsburgh PA . I'm a police officer in the area. I own a 2010 ran CC. Got it about 3 months ago and I am in love with it. It's the first truck I have personally owned and I have to say its by far my favorite purchase to date. I have been looking at mods since the day I brought it home. So far it has bilstein 5100s in the front set to max, 20in **** Cepek wheels with 35 in kuhmo tires, MBRP cat back dual exhuast, bully dog gt tuner, HID headlights, Vararam CAI. I have many many many more mods planned for the future as well. For now the next move will be a 6 in suspension lift, plus a body lift. Replacing front and rear bumpers. Off road light bars down the road. I will definitely be attending some shows here in PA. Best friend drives an Ecoboost and we pretty much have an ongoing competition for who can put more mods into the truck and being sponsored would really give me an advantage. Hopefully I get some consideration, will be adding an interior pic tomorrow. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366087579.221168.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366087597.104491.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366087609.787852.jpg

10 ram 1500 CC
20in **** Cepek wheels
325x70x20 AT tires
Bully dog gt tuner
Vararam CAI
20% window tint
MBRP dual exhaust
HID lights
Bilstein 5100s

Chadh1028

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

When does or did this end??

10 ram 1500 CC
20in **** Cepek wheels
325x70x20 AT tires
Bully dog gt tuner
Vararam CAI
20% window tint
MBRP dual exhaust
HID lights
Bilstein 5100s

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When does or did this end??

10 ram 1500 CC
20in **** Cepek wheels
325x70x20 AT tires
Bully dog gt tuner
Vararam CAI
20% window tint
MBRP dual exhaust
HID lights
Bilstein 5100s

Extended a few more days till this Saturday as we have been *******.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My name is Joseph i am 21 yrs old and married no kids yet I live in cypress, Texas but
grew up in Houston, tx (not a far mover lol) but currently I work at exterran a natural gas compressure manufacturing plant. I went to a trade school in 2010 graduated in 2012 to become an airplane mechanic and about to start the process of entering the air force always wanted to be in the military and the air force seems like the right place for me to be (still reasurching). When I joined this forum I had my 12 express with the intent of just learning a few things to learn about the maintenance but the that truck got totaled being 3months old and now I have a 2010 r/t that I bought in i think march of last year and want to eventually have as a track truck one day :)

Mods:
5%front/20%back window tint
Blacked out tail lights
6k his fogs/low beam
Bright white led interior
24" black/red strip lucky six wheel 295/30/24 full way tires
3/5 belltech drop
Airlift 1000
Nitrous express wet kit on 150 shot
Diablo 93 tune
Debbadged with black out grill/tailgate emblems

Mods to come: