Sponsorship Contest submit your app now!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
DISCOUNT AUTO PERFORMANCE'S OFFICIAL SPONSORSHIP CONTEST

We are proud to announce that we are searching for 2-3 RAMS to sponsor, the contest rules are pretty straight forward, and listed below. You ask, why get sponsored by DAP (Discount Auto Performance)? Well it is very simple.

All parts are given to you at our cost! that's right no markup!

Requirements.

1. Must be atleast 18 years old
2. Must own a 3rd or 4th gen RAM
3. Must submit atleast 4 pictures of truck (side view(s), front view, interior pic, and engine bay pic)
4. Must be an active forum member.
5. Must attend atleast 1 car show per year. (don't have to be entered in the show but this will be preferred)
6. Must submit atleast a 750 word write up why we should choose you, including a brief description of your truck, mods done, or planned, and what city, state you live in.
7. IF SELECTED, you must have a Discount Auto Performance decal in the color of your choice along the top rear of the back glass or on the front eyebrow part of the windshield. This will be provided to you at no cost.
8. If selected you will have a Sponsored vehicle thread here in our vendor thread where everyone who visits gets to check out your truck.
9. Link to your sponsored vehicle thread must be in your forum signature.
10. Must remain active on these boards, otherwise sponsorship can and may be revoked

To submit your application simply post it here in this thread, no off topic discussions.

All questions will be copied into this post, answered below "FAQ" style and then the original post will be deleted to keep the clutter down :)

1. Is this contest being ran on more than 1 board?
Answer
It is being ran on other boards, however we are looking specifically for 2-3 truck here from the RF, and the number of application submitted and approved on other boards will not affect the number of winners selected here on the RF which will be 2-3.

2.Does DAP prefer trucks with mods already or one that can be built up?
Answer
We are 100% open to both, no application will be overlooked regardless of mods done or not done.

Thanks
Jeremiah and Andrew
Discount Auto Performance

Last edited by a moderator:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Sweet Jesus ... thats a great opportunity for some lucky Ramers

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pano Argyres
Albuquerque, New Mexico
High School

Mods I’ve done-2003 Ram 1500 SLT Reg Cab Short bed 5.7 HEMI
APPEARANCE:
Graphite grey paint, custom tribal peal ghost flames, SRT-10 hood, SRT-10 wing, Hotchkis 2-4 lowering kit, 20" wheels, WET OKOLE seat covers, HUSKY mats
PERFORMANCE:
5.7 HEMI, Dougs headers, Flowmaster 40 series, 3"catback tubes, yukon 4.56 gears, LS Differential, TMR mod, K&N panel filter, Hotchkis sway bars
SOUND SYSTEM:
Pioneer DEH-3400 head, pioneer 6x9 door speakers, pioneer 4" rear speakers, Kicker ZX-400 mono block, JL 10-w0 subwoofer, behind the seat box
FUTURE MODS:
Edge torque converter, Electric fan, EBC rotors/ pads, ADV6TS wheels, red eagle clutches, super chips flashpaq, more audio stuff

I am currently in high school and I love my truck and all things related to cars. Everywhere I go people always compliment on my truck, and ask about where I got some of the things I have on it. I frequently attend car show whenever I can, and will be entering some in the summer. Also during the summer I attend at the local drag strip. Usually when I go I am able to park with my uncle in the pits where everyone can see my truck. Almost every single thing I have done to my truck is done by hand. I take pride in the things I do, and honor the companies I buy from by spreading word of their products most everywhere I go. I have a going reputation at school for being one of the loudest and fastest trucks at school. Even my friends spread word of the companies that I have bought my stuff from, and they go on to buy from said companies. I think that I am a good candidate for this sponsorship because I will spread the good name of your company. With all the shows and events I attend I’m sure that you’re company will get a lot of recognition. Recognition in both the sport truck and lifted truck world. I Am looking forward to hopefully joining into the DAP family and be in the company as it expands and gains more popularity due to the trucks you have chosen to sponsor.
Now I know this is not 750 words long, but I’m sure the point has been made. Feel free to shoot me any questons you have, and I send more pics on request.
tumblr_mjisvj5zc71rmbvd7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mjil6cGFyP1rmbvd7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mjil3wyU6C1rmbvd7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_miouy4HHnU1rmbvd7o1_500.jpg
old pic
tumblr_mehd6bN9qr1rmbvd7o1_500.jpg

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adam Wilkes
Zephyrhills, FL

2005 Ram 1500 RC/SB
4.7 engine
3.92 rear end with AS

I currently attend over 10 shows per year. I am 34 years old and work for Amalie Oil Company and have for the last 14 years. I am married with 3 kids. These trucks have been my obsession since obtaining a second gen a couple years ago. I show all over the central Florida region. I am the founder of a Facebook page called Lowered Ram Trucks that has garnered nearly 1,300 followers. I am very active in the forum and club scenes. Current mods so far are:

Color matched grille
AirAid MIT
2" lowering shackles
Access Tonneau
Black bezel headlights
tinted brakelights and 3rd
Flowmaster 40 series, si/do dumped
Black smooth Wade Bed Rail Caps
Westin/Wade Sure Fit Floor Liners

Future mods:

Would like a 2/4 lowering kit
Tuner

Current truck has been voted TOTM on a couple forums, including this one. I woulod gladly represent your company at all shows here in Florida I attend. I have amassed a large circle of friends not only in the Ram world, but in the MoPar scene throughout. Not only in this state but online as well.

574492_316787445084222_180131317_n.jpg

644333_4087143031742_593701584_n_zps6bf32f81.jpg

07-EDB7804F9515-12481-000005E206E0E2BC_zps8d9ea759.jpg

267-DD5331704640-8997-00000443F7FDBD02_zpsba5cf1c6.jpg

DSCN0810.jpg

9482_373631579399808_1549761932_n.jpg

561972_316885621741071_33243640_n1.jpg

292964_316447858451514_289348273_n.jpg

534579_354200954676204_1319987085_n.jpg

560418_334077036688596_1039965915_n.jpg

5-3405-4C32-8E5D-B71C3D0CDD9C-973-00000071E7260B16.jpg

OP
OP
Bully's Performance

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just an update for all those that have asked, we are going to be closing the application process the last day of March 2013, and will have the winners announced by April 15th.

Thanks
Jeremiah

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Braden Vanderschee,
Edmonton, AB

2012 Ram 1500,
5.7L SXT

Mods to date:
Vararam CAI, Magnaflow muffler with resonator delete, E-Cutout, 35x12.50x20 Durun trail graps w/ 20x9 Fuel pumps, 2.5 HBS levelling kit, Stock fender flares, 4 hella 500ffs with HIDs, Custom made projector headlights with HIDs halos and switchbacks, 2 rear facing 7.5" LED light bars, colormatched LED taillights, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Icon rear coils.

Mods being built:
Rock sliders,
Addictive desert designs prerunner bumper

Mods to come:
BDS 6 inch lift,
21.5 LED light bar mounted in bumper,
10000lb winch
Bilstein 5100s @2.1
37x13.50x17 toyo MTs
17x9 Fuel wheels
Diablo trinity tune

I'm Currently a 20 year old university student at Grant MacEwan in Edmonton, AB, taking Police Studies with aspirations to one day work for the Edmonton Police Service. Ever since day one of getting my truck I've been modifying it and adding things to really make it one of a kind. My favorite part about my truck is that everything that has ever been done or put on my truck has been done by my own two hands. Over the year of owning my truck I've learned many things, and cannot wait to learn even more. I've learned a lot about wiring and electrical (still my biggest headache though!) I've also learned a lot about suspension, how things are connected and what parts do what. Ive learned to take apart different parts of my truck, and put them together again. I'm pretty sure I hold the world record for removing the grill and taking out the headlights! I go into every project not knowing exactly what to expect, but I like to learn what to do on the way. I dont get the help of anyone more knowledgable then I at taking the stuff apart so it takes alot of reading and asking questions to make sure I know what I'm doing! Most of the time projects take me way, way, way to long, since I learn all the tricks by myself along the way. Even when I get frustrated with the project, its still all worth it when I finally button it all up, take a step back and admire the work that I've done myself. Nothing feels better then finally seeing the headlights light up, or the headunit turn on, or hear the engine roar when opening up the exhaust cutout.

The truck is my daily driver, but I've probably spent more time with the hood up changing things then driving it. Everyday it seems like theres something that needs to be changed a bit to be perfect. I have big plans for the truck and I dont see slowing down any time soon. Although my girl friend might think im a little bit crazy, because every time I'm with her im constantly checking the forums, watching videos on new products, researching new products or even just looking at pictures of trucks id like to have! I've always put pride into the work I do on my truck and i like to make sure its perfect the first time, the thing i hate most is having to do a job twice, id rather take 2 times longer the first time then have to come back to it again.

I like to consider myself a hard worker, ever since a young age I've always saved up and worked for the things I've wanted. When i was 14, just barely old enough to hold a job, I worked at a grocery store as a cashier. I worked 8 hours a week, making $9.10 an hour (seemed like a great wage at 14, since minimum wage was $8.40) Well I saved up $1500 to buy a Dean Razorback DimeSlime guitar. I still cannot believe that I saved up that much money, and didn't spend a dime, to save up for that guitar. But I dont regret that purchase one bit, since I still play that guitar 6 years later, and I know i'll be playing it 20 years from now as well. But the feeling I got the first time I got that guitar, shipped fresh from Dean, nothing will beat that!

I'm always looking for car shows to come to Edmonton, I love seeing the exotic cars, the new trucks and the modded out vehicles you wont see any where else. I remember 3 or 4 years ago going to the car show with my Dad, when I first started being interested in vehicles, and seeing the new Ford Raptor coming out. Fell in love with the truck then, have always liked it since, But nothing will ever beat a dodge! That car show is coming back here in April and you better believe I'll be there representing the Mopars!

My dream for my truck is to make it a truly capable off road machine, I want fantastic suspension, strong bumpers, protective skid plates, and some sturdy rock sliders for when you get deep in those pits. My most anticipated mod for me is definitely my custom built bumper from Addictive desert designs, the wait is just killing me! But once I get it, I know the look of my truck that I've always wanted will truly start coming together. Inside that bumper will be a winch tray thats going to need a 10000lb winch for ease of mind when getting dirty. It will also have a cut out for a 21.5 inch LED light bar, that light combined with my Hella 500s, will make it possible to keep mudding into the night!

I believe you should choose me because you can rest assured that I will always be adding more to my truck, and I wont stop until i have the badass rig in Alberta! I cant wait to keep adding more and more to my truck to make it completely unique, I know I will continue to do all my own work, making it truly my vehicle. I hope to be considered for this sponsorship, it would be an amazing opportunity. Thanks for reading!

3bPQ4.png
dNr3z.png
jDQcLSs.png
cJdfy.jpg

Last edited:

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
damn, i would love to do this, but i don't really think i can compete with these guys.

they have more money and more knowledge of what exactly they're doing, while I, see what happens haha

OP
OP
Bully's Performance

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
damn, i would love to do this, but i don't really think i can compete with these guys.

they have more money and more knowledge of what exactly they're doing, while I, see what happens haha

Please no one think that they have lost their chance because someone elses submission there are multiple things we are looking for and no one will be overlooked :)

Awesome submissions so far everyone, and thank you to all who have taken the time to submit an app!

Thanks
Jeremiah

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll post pics in a minute.

Mods:
Retro headlights:
Color matched
AAC halos

14 inch magna flow
4th gen tips
Tow mirrors.

Future mods
4th gen rt suspension swap
22 black srt 10s
Retro fog lights
Venom hood
Turbo

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i'll post pics in a minute.

Mods:
Retro headlights:
Color matched
aac halos

14 inch magna flow
4th gen tips
tow mirrors.

Future mods
4th gen rt suspension swap
22 black srt 10s
retro fog lights
venom hood
turbo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363961489.917369.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363961524.687038.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363961619.153363.jpg

Last edited:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Great opportunity for the serious wrenches (modifiers) in the forum.

Me, I focus on fact of life improvements over stock: catch can; CAI; nerf bars etc. I think Ram got it mostly right and don't feel inclined to mess with what's working for me. :Violin:

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Shoot, I'm just trying to make mine 1 of 1

OP
OP
Bully's Performance

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
8 DAYS LEFT TO GET YOUR APPS IN!

To everyone who has applied already:

You all are going to make this really hard to pick! Thank you for all the applications so far :)

To everyone who has not applied yes:

Get them in soon, and please do not think that because someones truck might "look" better than yours that we will not seriously consider everyone's apps, every app submitted will be reviewed and considered and the winners will be announced on the 15th of April!

Thanks
Jeremiah

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slow work in progress

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Don't know if you're looking for 2500 CTD, but here is mine from Carbondale, Il. This first pic is how she looked after I bought her and the second shows where she sits now. I like doing a lot of DIY mods that add to the look of the truck, but have always craved a show vehicle. This truck was purchased with a desire to have a dream vehicle for life. This truck is a daily drive, family hauler, camper hauling machine. To be able to show off my dream to others would be great, to do it at a cost effective manner would be even greater. Once diesel enters your veins, there is no way to get it out, and no desire to. I would enjoy the opportunity to display your product on my truck and to represent you at car shows. In fact in Southern Illinois we just got the Street Machine Nationals back for this summer. I would like the opportunity to display my ride there and do so with some nice added parts. My plans involve new wheels, preferably a Carli suspension system in the future.

Wow, who would have thought 750 words would be hard to come up with. I would always stay active on this site and do so on other sites as well. If the HD market is one you are looking to expand to, I would be able to provide you access to that market by showing off your products here, other forums and at numerous car/truck shows across the midwest. My family and I love to travel and to be able to incorporate the love of our truck would be a great concept. My children have enjoyed my simple ST truck, but constantly ask for me to make it bigger, I assure them some day it will. My oldest daughter says that she is going to drive the truck when she turns 16, and I will enjoy seeing her drive it around showing up the little prius drivers. I could ramble on more, but like I said 750 words is a lot of words. I would hope you would consider me to be one of your sponsored trucks.

Last edited:

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kyle Thompson
Rapid City, South Dakota

2012 Ram 1500
5.7 CC Sport

Mods Done:
5% tint all around, True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series, S&B CAI, 87mm PTB, oil catch can, Diablo Sport Trinity w/Hemifever tune custom made grill inserts, debadged, smoked tail lights, tailgate assist and blacked out Ram emblems. .

Mods To Come:
Viper Car Alarm w/Remote start…(Have to protect my investment!!)
Bilstein 5100 shocks @2.1 w/1.25 Rough Country body lift
20” XD Monster rims
35” Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Spyder Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ LED
Automatic retractable running boards (black in color)
Edge Torque Converter
Headers
Paint the hood black where the vents are at

Some info about me, I’m 26 years old, married for 7 years, I have 2 boys one 5 years old and another 3 years old and have proudly served in the military for 7 years with 3 deployments under my belt. I bought my Ram in June 2012 before I moved up to South Dakota from Texas because I needed a 4x4 and lets be honest, this truck is BAD and can only look better with each mod!!! From day one I started changing things on my truck because I hate having a cookie cutter truck and I love turning heads when Im driving. I started with the tint, took off the emblems then the exhaust was installed. Once I moved to South Dakota in Oct 2012 I noticed 3 other trucks that look like mine. So I plasti-dipped the front and rear ram emblems along with the front grill, I cut out the vents on the hood and front bumper and made a custom grill insert and painted those black, I tinted my rear tail lights along with the third brake light all because I wanted mine to STAND OUT! Then I moved to the engine where I threw on an S&B CAI, 87mm ported throttle body, an oil catch can, a Diablo sport Trinity tuner with Hemifever tune and more recent a tailgate assist. I know right now my truck stands out BUT I know its only a matter of time when these other trucks start to change and I can’t have mine come in second place. I want my truck to look and run better than the next guy and your sponsorship can help me with that. As you can tell I have put in some time both under my hood and on the exterior of my truck and I plan to put in even more as time goes on. I know that my Mods To Come list will eventually get smaller but I also know that as time goes on I will want to do something else to it either inside or out and your sponsorship could help me with that! I hope to be considered for this sponsorship, it would be an amazing opportunity and great partnership. Thanks for reading! Oh I noticed you will be picking a winner on April 15th, my birthday is April 20th and this would be a great B-day present…just saying and good luck to everyone!

picture.php

picture.php

http://www.ramforum.com/picture.php?albumid=853&pictureid=8935
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5 DAYS LEFT TO GET YOUR APPS IN!

You all are going to make this really hard to pick! Thank you for all the applications so far :)

Get them in soon, and please do not think that because someones truck might "look" better than yours that we will not seriously consider everyone's apps, every app submitted will be reviewed and considered and the winners will be announced on the 15th of April!

Thanks
Andrew

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
5 DAYS LEFT TO GET YOUR APPS IN!

Thanks
Andrew

PFFFFT g/l man i would not want to have to pick between all these sexy trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.