Questions about products and order of use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm very new to the detailing world.
I have the porter cable polisher with the orange, white, and black pads.

I am planning on getting:
- Adams Detailing Clay Bar Kit
- Adam's Paint Correcting Polish
- Adam's Paint Finishing Polish
- Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant
- Adam's Brilliant Glaze
- Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Car Wax (might have to do with the mini since the Canada site is out of stock)

Is this the correct order:
wash,clay,wash,polish,sealant,glaze,wax?
I'm just not sure if the glaze should be before or after the sealant?

-Also with the polish is it recommended to try the finishing polish first and see if I need to go more aggressive? If I did do the finishing polish and thought I needed to try the correcting polish would you recommend doing another coat of finishing polish.

-One more question with that if there was just a few trouble spots could I do the correcting polish in just that spot, then finish polish? kind of like a spot treatment.

Thanks!

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Douse, your order is spot on. You've been doing your homework! I've highlighted a few points/responses below, in red.

I'm very new to the detailing world.
I have the porter cable polisher with the orange, white, and black pads.

I am planning on getting:
- Adams Detailing Clay Bar Kit
- Adam's Paint Correcting Polish
- Adam's Paint Finishing Polish
- Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant
- Adam's Brilliant Glaze
- Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Car Wax (might have to do with the mini since the Canada site is out of stock)

Is this the correct order:
wash,clay,wash (not always necessary unless the clay pulls out a LOT of nastiness),polish,sealant,glaze,wax? BINGO!!
I'm just not sure if the glaze should be before or after the sealant?

-Also with the polish is it recommended to try the finishing polish first and see if I need to go more aggressive?

Yes, always best to start with your test section with the lease aggressive method. If the Finishing Polish yields results you're happy with, then there's no reason to go with anything stronger.

If I did do the finishing polish and thought I needed to try the correcting polish would you recommend doing another coat of finishing polish.

That depends. If you do a pass of Correcting Polish and again, you're happy with the results, then you're good to go! If there are still some light swirls/haze left over, then the Finishing Polish will clean that up.

-One more question with that if there was just a few trouble spots could I do the correcting polish in just that spot, then finish polish? kind of like a spot treatment.

Absolutely. Spot polishing is always an option and a time saver is the entire vehicle doesn't warrant polishing with Correcting Polish.

Thanks!

:cheers:

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
You bet, I'm here to help!!!