Removing wax residue from plastic trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the title pretty much explains the question.

I got wax marks on my mud flaps, mirrors and door handles.
Oh and those stupid plastic bed caps too.

I was thinking All Purpose Cleaner and a tooth brush, but I'm uneasy with that getting on my painted surfaces.

HELP!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
peanut butter.

trust me, it works.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
You're on the right track, APC will work perfectly to remove wax/polish residue from those areas. Any soft-bristled brush or towel will work.

Spray the towel or brush itself, then work it into the area with the wax on it. Don't worry about getting a little APC on the paint either, it won't hurt a thing. Just be sure not to do it in full sunlight or allow it to dry and you'll be fine.

Going forward, be sure to treat those areas with our Super VRT before performing any other steps. Once those spots are treated, if you do happen to get any wax/polish on them, it will wipe right off without any additional effort.

Also, save the peanut butter for sandwiches. ;)

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Excellent thread. Glad to know I bought some Adams All Purpose Cleaner.
Thank you Nick!

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're on the right track, APC will work perfectly to remove wax/polish residue from those areas. Any soft-bristled brush or towel will work.

Spray the towel or brush itself, then work it into the area with the wax on it. Don't worry about getting a little APC on the paint either, it won't hurt a thing. Just be sure not to do it in full sunlight or allow it to dry and you'll be fine.

Going forward, be sure to treat those areas with our Super VRT before performing any other steps. Once those spots are treated, if you do happen to get any wax/polish on them, it will wipe right off without any additional effort.

I was just about to recommend the Adam's All Purpose Cleaner! Great to see you guys on the forum.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use chemical guys G6 on the little bit of back I have on my truck. Works great.

By my iPhone.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I am just super fearful of some long term negative effects on the paint with APC. Thanks for the 'ok' haha.

And yea, I'd need a LOT of peanut butter. Damned monster sized truck!