2013 Ram Express remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Can you guys help me with figuring out the correct remote start kit for my truck?? Ive seen too many conflicting numbers and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Can you guys help me with figuring out the correct remote start kit for my truck?? Ive seen too many conflicting numbers and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I would need your VIN to see if the available one is applicable.

Thanks,
Benny

OP
OP
Jared4.7

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Sorry for my super slow reply. I just got a 14, how about this VIN 1C6RR7KT5ES201991.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone installed this? How much did your dealer charge for activation?

edward1225

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guy i have a question about this oem kit i see the install instruction that where posted i just put this kit on my truck last week i did the install seems pretty simple took me about 3 hours in the instructions it say if your truck is equipped with the factory harness just plug it in i took it to the dealer programmed the key know i get an error on the display and it says remote start cancelled hood open any idea if the harness on the truck needs to be plugged in anywhere in the truck the directions dosent say or if you need to add a fuse if anyone could help me that would be great also i checked the harness that gets plugged to the hood latch and i have no power in that harness

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Edward, you need to have the option code added by the dealer, nothing will work until that is completed.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone installed this? How much did your dealer charge for activation?

Whatever the hourly rate is. They should do it for an hour. Usually about 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hey guy i have a question about this oem kit i see the install instruction that where posted i just put this kit on my truck last week i did the install seems pretty simple took me about 3 hours in the instructions it say if your truck is equipped with the factory harness just plug it in i took it to the dealer programmed the key know i get an error on the display and it says remote start cancelled hood open any idea if the harness on the truck needs to be plugged in anywhere in the truck the directions dosent say or if you need to add a fuse if anyone could help me that would be great also i checked the harness that gets plugged to the hood latch and i have no power in that harness

Edward, you need to have the option code added by the dealer, nothing will work until that is completed.

Correct, as mentioned the remote start sales code needs to be flashed in, Not just the key programmed.

-Benny

edward1225

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thank you for the help how do i know if they did that or not when i took it to the dealer they had no idea what to do i had to show them to unplug the old module and plug the new one in now on my harness that comes from the truck i checked it out i only get a ground. the sensor for the hood latch weather the sensor pin is pushed or not pushed i get nothing on the volt meter. there telling me the sensor on the hood latch is bad.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
thank you for the help how do i know if they did that or not when i took it to the dealer they had no idea what to do i had to show them to unplug the old module and plug the new one in now on my harness that comes from the truck i checked it out i only get a ground. the sensor for the hood latch weather the sensor pin is pushed or not pushed i get nothing on the volt meter. there telling me the sensor on the hood latch is bad.

I would honestly seek another dealer who is more familiar with the accessory remote start kits before determining any components are bad.

-Benny