2016 Factory Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmacks88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey Benny,
Just bought me a '16 Ram 1500 Laramie but it didn't have remote start like I was hoping. Found the kit on your site but there's a few of them on there. Just making sure the kit with the part #82214877 is the one I need. Thanks in advance.

neloms

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L V6
How do I know if my truck has GXM and GXX? My truck is a Tradesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sallison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are these something the average person can install or does the dealership need to install?

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
How do I know if my truck has GXM and GXX? My truck is a Tradesman.

GXM = Keyless Entry (button on FOB not door)
GXX = Immobilizer security, Chip in key which is standard these days.

I can also run your VIN to double check but you should be fine.

-Benny

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Are these something the average person can install or does the dealership need to install?

Yes BUT dealer programming is required at the final step

-Benny

sallison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes BUT dealer programming is required at the final step

-Benny

Can you run my vin number? I'm wanting to know if my truck is wired for a brake controller, blinkers in the mirrors, and of course the remote start.

sallison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1C6RR7KT2FS670991

neloms

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L V6
1C6RR6FG8GS101507

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you check mine as well.. Thanks

3C6RR6KT3GG119052

sallison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have all the correct requirements to use 82214424 on your Truck

-Benny

Thanks Benny, I will be buying one from your site soon. Do you know if my truck is wired for the steering wheel audio control upgrade and also a trailer brake controller?

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Thanks Benny, I will be buying one from your site soon. Do you know if my truck is wired for the steering wheel audio control upgrade and also a trailer brake controller?

Sounds great,

Yes the audio steering wheel kit we sell will work on any Ram. I do not see any requirements for the trailer brake controller 82214492AB But it is currently not available to order from Mopar.

-Benny

LIVE4RDO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello. My 2016 Rebel has air suspension. Local dealer is telling me that 82214877AB is the right remote start kit for my truck, based on the VIN number.

But it clearly states that it is not for vehicles with air suspension. I'm curious if the only difference is that I will loose my button for entry/exit on the new remote start key fob. Which wouldn't be such a big deal.

Even though I don't get why can't Mopar come up with the same kit, but right fob for air suspension. They do make them!

My VIN is: 1C6RR7YT9GS391840

Thank you

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hello. My 2016 Rebel has air suspension. Local dealer is telling me that 82214877AB is the right remote start kit for my truck, based on the VIN number.

But it clearly states that it is not for vehicles with air suspension. I'm curious if the only difference is that I will loose my button for entry/exit on the new remote start key fob. Which wouldn't be such a big deal.

Even though I don't get why can't Mopar come up with the same kit, but right fob for air suspension. They do make them!

My VIN is: 1C6RR7YT9GS391840

Thank you

Hello,

I am sorry but based on that VIN we cannot recommend that part number. As you mentioned the kit states it is not for use with trucks that have air suspension (SER) and this VIN surely shows this option. Perhaps Mopar will have a solution for such vehicles in the future but that is all that is listed for now. If your dealer is saying it will work I would take them up on their offer granted they are accepting full liability for parts and labor.

-Benny

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello,

I am sorry but based on that VIN we cannot recommend that part number. As you mentioned the kit states it is not for use with trucks that have air suspension (SER) and this VIN surely shows this option. Perhaps Mopar will have a solution for such vehicles in the future but that is all that is listed for now. If your dealer is saying it will work I would take them up on their offer granted they are accepting full liability for parts and labor.

-Benny

Benny,

Do you know of anything that makes the kits unique other than them bundling all the parts and including instructions? I know it includes a direct harness for the hood latch, but I think most higher trim trucks have the connector already.

I would think that if someone bought the hood latch and antenna along with the RFHM and fobs that support their options (plus remote start), it could be installed the same way as the kit.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Yes the receiver Hub for trucks with SER is different. Can we piece it together and make it work? Possibly but I cannot make any guarantees.

Who wants to be the test subject? :)

-Benny