4.10 Gear Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have part number 68088179AC. Its a 4.10 gear kit for the 2011+ Ram 1500. I would like to swap out the 3.55 gears. If you have or can get the kit what is the price? Thanks. I am looking to do this ASAP.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hello,

That part number is not available any longer and has been revised. Along with the revised part the case is required to be changed as well.
See notes:
ORDER NEW RING AND PINION KIT 68088179AD
AND DIFF CASE ASSEMBLY 68050784AI IF
STANDARD DIFF CASE OR 68053299AD IF
LIMITED SLIP DIFF CASE

Let me know if you have any questions
-Benny

OP
OP
Jerseymike

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for getting back to me. I went to the dealer this weekend and was told what you just told me. I had ordered the diff and gears a few weeks ago. I got the diff 68053299AD but the company I ordered the gears from hasn't shipped yet. I thought they were jerking me around but apparently Dodge changed the part number for Ring/Pinion so it is taking some time to get the new kit. The CS guy swears it is going out this week so I will wait and see. I have not been able to get the diff bearings but I read a few places that the old ones can be reused since they only have 3k miles on them. So Im good for now but if my order doesnt come I will be back with you.

Last edited: