Heated wheel parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a PVC non heated steering wheel with NO audio controls. I have read several threads about steering wheel audio controls and heated steering wheels. Learned a lot. Had a few questions though as far as heating goes.
I have a leather wrapped heated with audio control wheel already. I have not changed the wheel yet. I looked at my steering column and I have the blue connector that's plugged into a dummy holder on top of the column.
The new wheel wire harness should be all set to plug into the new clock spring. Then that blue connector gets plugged into the back of the clock spring. Then plug the new dash switch in and I should be all set. Correct?
I think all I need is the correct clock spring and the switch for the dash. Is this correct?
Here is my VIN
1C6RR7KT1ES195770

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,

A heated steering wheel has a specific harness needed part # 68163716AC and the clockspring itself also has a specific part # 68110740AD . Aside from these all else should be the same but I dont recall if vehicle programming is required for the option code (NHS)

Let me know if you need any help ordering!

-Benny

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you Benny for the reply.
The wheel I have with all the options already has a harness in it. This should be the same that you have listed. Correct?
Do you have the part number for the correct switch panel. I have the switch panel that only has tow/haul and traction control. I would need the one that has those 2 as well as heated wheel.
Thank you
Josh

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Thank you Benny for the reply.
The wheel I have with all the options already has a harness in it. This should be the same that you have listed. Correct?
Do you have the part number for the correct switch panel. I have the switch panel that only has tow/haul and traction control. I would need the one that has those 2 as well as heated wheel.
Thank you
Josh

Hi Josh,

Yes it should be good then but you will still need the clockspring. For the switch panel it will not just have htd steering wheel and TC it will also have other stuff too so my question to you is do you want one with the least amount of buttons or with a full bank?

-Benny

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you do one with the least amount and one full boat? I have trailer brake controller also but that one pops out and I could pop it in the new switch panel.
Like you had mentioned, I am not 100% sure this is going to work without the sales code added. So I am trying to see if I can do this "relatively" cheap to see if it even works. I have not found a dealer near me that is willing to add a sales code so I don't want to dump a lot money into it with it being an unknown.
Thank you so much

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome.
Thanks Benny.
Found a couple more threads and still might not be plug and play without the codes flashed from the dealer.
So we shall see.

Thank you