1983 d150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eternity7602

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
/6
Hey guys,

My wife and I recently acquired a 1983 Dodge D150. She starts right up and runs great, but has a busted control arm. Having removed the front wheels for a better look, they seem to both be pretty bad, so I intend to replace both.
Unfortunately, I have very little suspension experience and am having troubles locating parts.

The question(s): Where may I find replacement parts for this truck? Are there any suggestions for things I should look at before we start driving her around (remember, I know very little about suspensions.)

I have had some luck finding parts on CARID.com. When it comes to the control arms, they are listed as B50 control arms, which worries me. I called and they assured me they are the correct ones. Since then, I have found others at slightly lower pricing, but they are listed as B150 control arms. I would think they would be more compatible given the comparable size of the van versus the smaller truck, but know nothing of either personally.

Some background. The truck is, as mentioned, a 1983 Dodge D150. It has the slant 6 and 3-speed with OD manual transmission and bears the short bed. I am on a bidget, but will spend what is needed to get her rolling safely (it just may take some time.) There are plenty of things that I will be looking for for her, but would like to focaus on making her roll and safely, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

CARID has W0133-1899769-TRW and W0133-1899771-TRW listed as the L and R control arms.

Summit seems to show the control arms for the B150, but I am unsure of their compatibility.

Please advise...