Is this a big red flag for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
So this guy has a cummins and I texted him and this was the response

Him: about the red dodge ram2500... i really appreciate if you can send your email address and i will contact back with further details
Me: Why can't you send the details on text?
HIM: contact me via email at [email protected]

Would you think this Is a red flag?

Just got an email back from him, scam I think not!

Hi there,
I saw that you are interested in my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 CUMMINS DIESEL. It is great condition ( 141,000 miles), automatic transmission. The Exterior is clean! The interior is FRESH. Amenities on this Dodge Ram include; 4x4, Leather Seats, 5.9L Cummins Diesel and lots more.This Dodge runs and drives flawlessly. Very tight. No leaks, check engine lights or other weirdness. Looks great underneath. Cold A/C. It has free and clear title.

I believe that $1,900.00 is more than a fair price considering everything it has. Hate to sell but I'm getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan shortly and don't want it get old in my garage. I'm in Maxwell AFB, Alabama Military Base in case it gets sold I'll take care of shipping.
Please let me know if you're further interested, email back.I do have more pics if you need.
Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkcontact me via email at

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Looks ok to me other than the cheap price. I wouldn't worry about the guy not doing the info in a text. Where is this truck located vs where you live? If it is close then go look at it. If it isn't pretty close, then I wouldn't bother with it.

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
Looks ok to me other than the cheap price. I wouldn't worry about the guy not doing the info in a text. Where is this truck located vs where you live? If it is close then go look at it. If it isn't pretty close, then I wouldn't bother with it.

Seems legit. Not

Hi there,
I saw that you are interested in my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 CUMMINS DIESEL. It is great condition ( 141,000 miles), automatic transmission. The Exterior is clean! The interior is FRESH. Amenities on this Dodge Ram include; 4x4, Leather Seats, 5.9L Cummins Diesel and lots more.This Dodge runs and drives flawlessly. Very tight. No leaks, check engine lights or other weirdness. Looks great underneath. Cold A/C. It has free and clear title.

I believe that $1,900.00 is more than a fair price considering everything it has. Hate to sell but I'm getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan shortly and don't want it get old in my garage. I'm in Maxwell AFB, Alabama Military Base in case it gets sold I'll take care of shipping.
Please let me know if you're further interested, email back.I do have more pics if you need.
Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
this is a common craigslist scam. I get these all the time. then he'll say he will have someone else meet you or give him your paypal and it will all be taken care of. these scams are ALL OVER CRAIGSLIST, I just send them back a message calling them every name in the book and then its over.. theyre always in the "military" too. its all BS.

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
this is a common craigslist scam. I get these all the time. then he'll say he will have someone else meet you or give him your paypal and it will all be taken care of. these scams are ALL OVER CRAIGSLIST, I just send them back a message calling them every name in the book and then its over.. theyre always in the "military" too. its all BS.

That's what I'm gonna do I know it's a scam. This is the latest email I got hahahaha
I have attached some pics with the truck for you. It will be sent from my location Alabama directly to your address have no worries.The total money you have to pay would be $1900.
Due to the fact that this is a large transaction I would like it be handled by eBay Buyer Protection Program which allow you to get the truck first, benefit of 5 days inspection time period and then i will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you are a serious buyer and still interested in this truck please reply with your full name and shipping address so we get the ball rolling. I will forward your details to ebay and they will notify you regarding our deal.

Thanks

OP
OP
D

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
Rule of thumb, if it's too good to be true, it's not true. Sorry man

I knew it was to good to be true but the best part is messing with the guy!

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you report it to ebay before you blow him off and see if they will catch him?

We must have some forum members near him. Let's set up a sting..LOL