Busted Shock/Spring Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently was under the hood of my 84 d150 and noticed the mount that basically attaches the shock to the frame is busted. Therefore the front right of the truck bounces a lot more than it should. It looks like it cracked straight along where it attaches to the frame. My question is, is this going to be an expensive repair? Can they weld on the old mount or would I require to buy a whole new mount? it is a 2wd so the frame and suspension is not as beefed up as a 4x4 but I do a little bit of moderate off roading in the summer months. But I thought regardless of the truck, the mounts should be able to withstand quite a bit of bumps. I guess it is an old mount.... so would a new one be strong enough to withstand moderate off roading? I am talking driving slow over bumps, no fast paced mudding or anything.

So essentially I just want to know a ballpark figure for repairing vs. Replacing the mount, and if a new mount would be worth getting (if it is not required)

Thanks everyone

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post some pics of the broken mount and the frame where it broke from.

Doesn't sound like too big of a job for a welding shop to fix if everything is solid under there.

OP
OP
Y

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Post some pics of the broken mount and the frame where it broke from.

Doesn't sound like too big of a job for a welding shop to fix if everything is solid under there.

Looks like I was mistaken, it isn't broken where it connects to the frame. Looks like the mount itself is broken... this picture may help explain. It was really hard to get an angle where you can see the broken steal, but it is literally detached from itself, not just a little crack. Is this good news or bad news, price-wise?

Attachments

• IMG_20140313_210706.jpg
    IMG_20140313_210706.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye