have to get rid of my truck, how much to ask for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slant 6 225
I've enjoyed my truck Gertrude for many years but the time has come to get rid of her. She has some serious rust issues on her frame and I don't have the skill or inclination to do a restoration. I'd rather sell her to someone who could use the engine, etc. rather than just sell her for scrap. I'm not sure what a fair price to ask would be. She has a slant 6 225 engine in her with just under 86k original miles on it. Transmission is a 4 speed manual. Both seem to be fine. She's not a pretty truck by any means but seems to run well.

What would be a fair asking price here in the suburbs of Philadelphia Pa?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
personally i would not take under $500 for it. what shape are the cab supports in? if the cab supports need to be replaced then i would list it for $1000obo and take the best offer over $500. if the cab supports and roof are good but you have the basic rusty fenders/rockers and box then i would probably ask $1200obo and take first person to offer about $800 for it.

OP
OP
M

mooseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
slant 6 225
Very helpful, thanks. The cab support on the drivers side is shot, passenger side not in fantastic shape either. The $1000 OBO sounds like a good plan.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963