Headlight issue 1984 Ram 50!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1984ram50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Proud owner of a 60K original mile 84 ram 50, and thanks for having me. I hope someone can help. All of the parking lights, work, as well as blinkers. When I turn the switch for the lights the first position is parking, and it engages the relay under the hood. the second click for the headlights engages the second coil but the headlights dont come on. BUT...if I hold the dimmer switch back my headlights come on (bright) but they dont stay on. I noticed something else, my brake lights stay on and when i push the pedal they seem to get a signal cause they do flutter a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

OP
OP

1984ram50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
taillights good

resolved tail stop issue. now, both relays are working under hood when switch is turned, and headlights come on when i pull back on dimmer switch, and i could make that work but they wont stay on!! does anyone own a ram50 1984 and if so do you know the compatible years??