!! Help please !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whisky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Sorry to be so new to forum and already having emergency!

Heres the story:

T-boned and was hit-n-run. I have the bs insurance (they only take money and not pay it.) Im paying for the truck out of pocket literally. Anyway, Im buying another ram as promised, but I need to do it today.

So I found one but its not perfect. Its a early 80's v8 atomatic. Its a single cab with long bed and single glass on rear. Supposed light frame damage at front driver side / bumper area. Looks ok other than that.
*No front bumper.
*Bent trim between headlight and bumper.
*Close to 190k miles.
*Leaks a little oil.
*Paint is ok for age with a few scrathes.
*Current stickers that that burn up in 8 months.
*Seat coverd so im guessing the original is trashed.
*?Open port over a/c on dash?
*High idle when its cold outside until warmed at times. (Claims may be vacuum leak)
*Claims either new or rebuilt carb.
*May or may not have engine rebuilt 1 owner back.
*Harder stops cause the truck to one side, but not badly.
*Missing a couple of trim pieces.
*Driver front fender is from a different year or style and says "he made it work".

Is there anything I should be looking out for? Could anyone tell me what the open space above the a/c is? Lastly, how much should I offer the guy? Im not shy about cutting to the chase. If its worth $200 ill offer him that. I need a truck asap, no truck = no work.

I appreciate all replies in advance.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
if you can pretty must plate it and drive it i don't see why it would not be worth $1000. now some of the stuff you are saying is not very clear. pictures might help. idle high when cold is normal. it will idle high until the choke is fully open.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am assuming the open port on the dash (on top, big oval?) is probably the single speaker hole that has had the perforated cover rotten away and maybe the speaker pulled out???

It totally depends on what kind of money you are talking about here....

With every point you made, I was saying No, No, No! But, then at $200 it sounds totally workable until you get your long term transportation situation figured out.

No other options around?

Sometimes you just gotta do what you have to, to make it to work come Monday morning. Sux.

:word:

OP
OP
Whisky

Whisky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
$200 was just a number. I offered $300 to be honest and he told me he might do it. How much do you think im in for on repairs? I plan on giving to my nephew after i get everything back to normal.

OP
OP
Whisky

Whisky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Never mind, i took too long. Sold
Houston is a quick city.