New Member, Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
Hi all, Just bought a 1989 d150 with a 3.9l. Had 69,000, now 70,00 miles on it. Everything on looks original. Its been fun to work on so far. We have a few junkyards nearby but there wasn't much there until Friday an 89 d150 with a 318 showed up in one. I'll be pulling as much as i can get from that. I was wondering if anybody can tell me if the fuel injectors on the 91 would fit in my 89??? They seem to have the same Holley throttle body set up. I checked the part #'s on an auto parts web site and they were 1 number different. Anyway I look forward to reading and contributing where I can. Thanks...

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to Ram Forum!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i am pretty sure the injectors would be the same but you might be better off to order some rebuilt ones. also i don't know if you plan on doing a v8 swap in the future but if you do you should grab the drivers side motor mount extension plate off that d150 with the 318. they just bolt on. this is what it looks like. they are hard to come by since they were only used on the 88-93 2wd trucks. you can make one but you cam most likely get is cheap. you should also check the truck for a steering box brace. some 2wd trucks had them and they are kind of sought after by some. rockauto is a good place to order parts for these truck
91%2B318%2Bmotor%2Bmounts%2B1.jpg
Power Steering Brace
steering_1.jpg

OP
OP
B

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
Thanks guys, The reason i asked about the injectors was that new ones are like over a $100 a piece.. Where does one buy rebuilt from?? I'm headed back to the junk yard today but mostly for interior stuff. Later

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
there is a couple being sold by rockauto but there is a deposit on them. if the throttle body is cheap enough you can try swapping them but are you 100% sure you need new injectors?

OP
OP
B

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9l
I just noticed a typo in my first post. The one in the yard is a 1991, and as it turns out they are slightly longer so i'll just work on getting the ones that are on there as clean as possible. So I do have a set for a 91 if any needs them.