Plow or lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Alright so I've found a few currently drivable w150s in my area however all of them are either lifted (3"-6" suspension(don't know on some if it's a kit, pro, or bubba in the garage)) or have been turned into plow trucks. The two top picks are an 89 with 3" lift and about 110k and a 93 possibly with 50k on rebuilt engine and transmission. Anybody have suggestions since I've heard a plow can be a nightmare and bubba suspension lifts can be worse.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Bubba lift dangerous , plow kit , ehh could add value , check for rust and if the blade works , might be able to sell , or use for extra cash

OP
OP
T

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Let's go off it as a pro or at least qualified tech install too, are those about as bad? Also since I cannot 100% confirm the 93 as a w (can't see any hubs, front diff, or interior shots) what would the best way to go about it with the possible bubba lifts

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Could be and check for warn steering parts on lift and how it drives and breaks

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I plow with my truck. If it's not abused it's not bad. Some people have this idea of speed and brute force to move snow. It is harder on the front end parts, especially if it's a heavy muti angle hydraulic one. Mine is a manual angle, electric winch lift personal use plow. When I had my Silverado, it was a rusted up 2000 so I drove it hard in the winter. In The new truck I go nice and easy on it and try to not drive around with the plow on all winter.

OP
OP
T

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
One final question just to make sure I'm looking at the right years, the 318 went to tbi in 88 and the 360 in 89 correct?