(Possibly) Bad Transmission Mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi there,
I'm currently waiting for the wiring harness to swap in a Gen III hemi to my 84 dodge. I will be keeping the 727 transmission. For a long time, there has been a sort of knocking, flexing, creeking sound coming from below the floor in a few different situations. If I park on a hill then release the foot brake the truck will obviously roll forward slightly until the parking pin prevents it from rolling more, but when this happens, I hear the creeking sound. Also if I am driving slow in a parking lot and I give it a shot of gas but then take my foot off the gas very quickly, it will happen as well. It is most noticeable when I am in first gear giving it any amount of throttle, then take my foot off the gas. I can describe it as similar to the sound of an old steel boat hull when it flexes in the waves. The reason I am concerned about this is because I will be trusting this transmission to keep up with my new 5.7L Hemi. Could it be worn out transmission mounts? I understand that a transmission is made up of springs and moving parts but it is loud enough to hear while inside the truck, and even outside the truck if you're close enough. I can even feel it in the floorboard when it happens. My gears don't slip, my trans fluid is fine, and it has behaved extremely well except for this one strange sound/creeking. Thanks