Rear end LSD identity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

If you guys read my last post, I'm picking up a dirt cheap parts truck. The rear end is a 9.25 "clunker". The tag says it's a 3.5 ratio, and the other tag says 3405.. Is there any visual way to identify if this thing is an LSD rear? It's an 86 w150, parked on a gravelly hill, and I'd like to avoid jacking up the rear to spin the wheels. Also, anybody want anything off of it? It's got a good cab, doors, and drivers fender. Seat has normal wear, dash is great, gauges are... there.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you could pull the diff cover to check if it is a lsd. really hard to tell otherwise.

where abouts are you located. that info is definitely needed to part it out.

OP
OP
B

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, didn't think about that, I'm in Winchester VA.. Right under the taint of WV. I didn't know if there was a tag, or a sticker to look for on the truck with the info I need. I was thinking of something similar to vintage mopars

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
maybe there is a tag that tells you but it would most likely be hard to tell plus dodge is pretty famous for there LSD's going bad when people top up there fluid and don't add friction modifiers to them. on the newer truck like my 93 there is a sticker that pretty much gives you build specs.

zohaa3492

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
the return line usually connect to the side of the fuel filter by the fuel pump if you have the correct style filter. the truck will run without it but it was usually there to help prevent vapor lock but vapor lock is not as common on small blocks as it was on big blocks.