tank sender unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

914-6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Hi Guys.
I'm a newbie here.
I have a 1985 ram 130 custom here in UK with a diesel engine from a combine harvester--I know-don't ask !! problem is I had leak in the fuel tank which turned out to be the grommet around the filler inlet. no problem that's been resolved. however when i let the tank down it dropped rather quickly and pulled off the fuel pipes ---can anyone tell me what fuel line goes to which pipe on the tank sender?
Thanks guys.
Ian

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you could always just blow air into the lines. the supply line will make you hear bubbles. the supply line is also usually 5/16" and the return is 1/4 so there should be a noticeable difference.

OP
OP

914-6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
you could always just blow air into the lines. the supply line will make you hear bubbles. the supply line is also usually 5/16" and the return is 1/4 so there should be a noticeable difference.

Yes I did just that and both were bubbling away.
I even got it running on the return, but not the supply.After removing the sender again and blowing air through each whilst the unit was under water revealed a rust hole in the supply to engine pipe.
To ut a long story short I made up a new section of pipe and soldered it on--as is now well, but thanks for your reply. i have another issue, wiper motor required, so I will post a wanted ad.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i am kind of surprised it would have rusted in the tank. usually the sending units rust out just outside the tank where crap sits.

as far as the wiper motor goes have you tried grounding it? dodge wiper motors are notoriously known for having bad grounds. people usually add another to them. they are also known for there plastic wiper linkage bushings breaking eventually.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963