Where to find..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all

I've got an '86 W-150 with a half a million miles on it. I've been having rear brake trouble... the truck never really impressed me with it's stopping power, but this being the first mid eighties full sized 4x4 I've owned, (factory lift, 32" tires, stock 318 2bbl.), I pretty much expected this thing to suck horrendously at going and stopping anyway. It does. Fine, I like my truck, so I got used to it. Which means that I've ignored little symptoms that I normally notice, like can't get a good stream of fluid out of the rear wheel cylinders. Turns out, I've got a bad brake proportioning valve.

Does anybody have any idea where to find one of these things? I don't want a used one, that may or may not be good, and I don't want to empty my wallet at a dodge stealership.. I don't mind aftermarket, but want a pretty close replacement, not something I've got to make new brake lines for. Suggestions?

Matt