Wiring Harness Specs (Question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi everyone

I need to redo my ignition wiring because it's old and fried. I am looking to save money by not buying a full wiring harness. I was looking at harnesses but they do not specify how much of each wire type there is, and also what type (how much current) of wires comes in them. If I knew the amounts and types of wires that came in a harness, I could just buy the wires separately and save a lot of money because I do not need anything else that is included in a harness package. Has anyone here recently bought a wiring harness, or redone the ignition wiring, who would like to share exactly how much and what types of wiring need? By the way, I have a 84 D150 318. A lot to ask, I know. Just thought I would try
Thanks

bcurtispt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 2Bbl
I bought a Haynes manual from auto zone. In the back are decent wiring diagrams that I used to totally redo all of the ignition wiring on my 84 w150.