Hmmm...possible mud/trail toy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
81 Power Ram...all I know. 4x4.

Pretty easy to lift up/make a good trail rig?

Or are they just a big heavy pig and ait worth a ****?

I'm thinking taking that bed off and making a coil over suspension for it.

Just brain storming

WP_000042.jpg

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think itd be tight! But the only thing is parts for the 1st gens can be hard to get sometimes, but I still love em lol

[tapatalkin]

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think it would look nice but would take some serious cash. Looks like quite a bit or Rust. But thats what they make bedliner spray for ha ha.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Get rid of them dam wheels and tires ... that is so getto

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Make tube fenders for the front, tube 'truggy' bed.

If you can find a line on a T-case it could be ok. almost all of those had the POS 203 FullTime 'awd' T-case that is weak as crap, you also need the lock-out hubs.

Beyond that I ran stock 1/2 running gear in my '76 RamCharger with an angry 440 and 35s without any problem.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That thing could end up being pretty awesome, but the wheels and tires from a honda have to go...

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
ha yea...the wheels are really....really.....reaaaaallly dumb! lol

Gonna take her for a spin in the morning

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I disagree. the wheels really tie the truck together. *****! Dave has not taste dont listen to him.

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I thought a wing made it fast? lol

We'll see how this test drive goes lol

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I guess it depends on what they want for it and how bad everything is. My goal is to make a jack of all trades kinda truck so I put all the funds into one truck instead of a couple. But id guess your a little more hardcore then I.

wings at least double the power to the ground.

Beefy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I guess it depends on what they want for it and how bad everything is. My goal is to make a jack of all trades kinda truck so I put all the funds into one truck instead of a couple. But id guess your a little more hardcore then I.

I like the idea of a "jack of all trades" type of vehicle too. But, if you do any type of "harder" trails, it's sometimes nice knowing that the vehicle you're in isn't the one you need to get to work tomorrow. :D

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

wings at least double the power to the ground.

I wanting to keep my cummins nice. I don't have the money to sink $6k into a suspension set up to make it capable...so its gonna be my tow ***** that will be somewhat fast.

The trail rig/mudder I'm looking to make is all gonna be home made. So wont be much $$$ except for materials. And if its breaks...oh well!

Here in Indiana there isn't much trails for my quad cab long bed truck can go threw without taking out an acre of woods when I turn. lol

But I hear what your saying...and I'd love to on my cummins, just not plossible lol

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
yeah I can understand all that and like I said im sure your doing more hardcore stuff. Plus no forests or trees here. Just open trails. Also I have the luxury of a company truck I take home every night so no need to worry about it breaking or being down for extended periods of time.

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
yeah I can understand all that and like I said im sure your doing more hardcore stuff. Plus no forests or trees here. Just open trails. Also I have the luxury of a company truck I take home every night so no need to worry about it breaking or being down for extended periods of time.

I'll have a company car...still have have $6k for a carli kit :( :(

Haha oh well...if I role my turb wheeler I can winch it up on the trailer and still go home lol

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
I wanting to keep my cummins nice. I don't have the money to sink $6k into a suspension set up to make it capable...so its gonna be my tow ***** that will be somewhat fast.
The trail rig/mudder I'm looking to make is all gonna be home made. So wont be much $$$ except for materials. And if its breaks...oh well!

Here in Indiana there isn't much trails for my quad cab long bed truck can go threw without taking out an acre of woods when I turn. lol

But I hear what your saying...and I'd love to on my cummins, just not plossible lol

Sooooo your gonna add a wing to the Cummins too?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
So ... what did we end up doing on this ?

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Guy wouldn't come down any on the price...and I didn't think it was worth what he was wanting lol