Lowered 86 Ramcharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custom1936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my '86 Ramcharger I just bought. I don't know how much it is actually lowered. I know it has BPE 3" lowering arms (Bouchillon Performance Engineering in South Carolina ) on front and had air bags. Previous owner did not know this and he tried to drive it with upper a-arms on steering shaft and front tires hitting fender-wells. Believe it !When they sold it to him they thru in some cut springs when they kept their air-ride set-up. Air lines are still there as is wiring for compressor. I think the spindles are stock?? I want to put Dakota Drop spindles on after I get the new air bags in and all in place and hooked up. The rear has axle flip with frame c-notched. has 17" billet Centerlines, 225/60/17 front , 275/65/17 rears. I'm going to get painted in a month. Putting rear towing air-bags on rear and roll-pan with hidden hitch. Looking at maybe a early van front bumper ?? Thinking about Black Cherry on top and BrandyWine on bottom half ?? Has 318 edelbrock carb , allum. intake. Will keep updating has I go. If anybody has any suggestions or wants to see pics of suspinsion let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• web pic 1.jpg
    web pic 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4,221
  • web pic 2.jpg
    web pic 2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 866

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome, gonna be a cool looking ride when your done.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
nice ride, welcome to the site

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like it. I'd like to see the handles shaved before you paint it.
Also, I think Gen I / Gen II Dakota taillights fit those trucks, they don't have all the chrome trim on them. Might be worth looking into.

I contimplated a Van bumper for my Dakota as well, they have a really nice shape to em that lends itself well to a lowered vehicle.

OP
OP
C

custom1936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys

Thanks for all the comments. I sold my 33 plymouth project a couple years ago before we relocated, so this fills the void. Still want a old cuda or challenger. I don't know exactly what year van bumper though ?? Any ideas anyone ? I really don't know about front rollpan ?? I haven't decided on the door handles as this will be my daily driver. I bought a set of clear taillights with no chrome trim out of mexico. I hope they look good, I've seen some on a couple Ramchargers. Otherwise I might put some old charger, cuda or challenger taillights in rollpan. Better than those vette lights. Lol.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the comments. I sold my 33 plymouth project a couple years ago before we relocated, so this fills the void. Still want a old cuda or challenger. I don't know exactly what year van bumper though ?? Any ideas anyone ? I really don't know about front rollpan ?? I haven't decided on the door handles as this will be my daily driver. I bought a set of clear taillights with no chrome trim out of mexico. I hope they look good, I've seen some on a couple Ramchargers. Otherwise I might put some old charger, cuda or challenger taillights in rollpan. Better than those vette lights. Lol.

I was looking at a mid 90's Van bumper. They have 2 small vent openings, which I thought could be easily filled for a totally smooth look. I would recess a plate mount if you have to have a front plate. that's not required in New Mexico.

I totally understand your dislike for shaved handles on a DD. You could always swap on some smoother low profile car versions (seen a C1500 with Vette handles, pretty trick swap)

Where did you find a source for clear taillights?! I would absolutely LOVE to find a new set for my Dad's '98 Ram. I put them on in... '99 and he's never had any issues with the law, and they look AWESOME on his silver truck. It's just that he wacked one of em at some point with a broom handle and cracked the lense.

I'd LOVE to see a set for my '11 Ram as well. I LOVE clear lenses on a white truck. Super clean look!

OP
OP
C

custom1936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
clear taillights

Right now there is a guy on Ebay. That's where I bought them the other day. I think it was 25 dollars and some change plus shipping for pair. I looked everywhere for some different taillights, no luck. I heard from one guy they are real hard to find and this is the only non stock lights from what I have been told. It's a shame. I remember when I was little my dads lifted 88 ram, everybody loved it. I was told Dodges didn't really get popular till that new body style in 94 and it seemed like everyone wanted one. I was too little to remeber any of that though. I have grown up arround cars, my whole family on both sides build cars, streetrods, trucks, drag cars, etc. My dads cousin and uncle each run rod shops. Now that I have a good job I'm planning on building some cars myself. I have seen and been arround lots of old cars and trucks. Some of my family only has been Mopar and bleed Mopar. Lol. Now it's my turn to start making my mark. I still want to build a 33 plymouth coupe with a blown hemi or a *****'s. One of my grandpas has a huge building full of mopars he will probably never get to all. He has 2 33 ply. coupes, a 32, gtx's, etc. hemis. It's just a shame that I don't get to see them . Sorry guys for rambling. I just love these square Ram's.

OP
OP
C

custom1936

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some outside mirror ideas

Allright guys I need some ideas. I don't see how the guy I got this from ever drove it from everything I have to do ? My dad keeps throwing the idea of those early custom mini truck mirrors ferrari style ( see the attacthed pic of mini truck ) ?? He has some of those smooth california mirrors they use on streetrods laying arround the shop ( see pic of streetrod ). Throw me some ideas. Remember this is my daily driver, 75 miles round trip for work on 3-5 lane interstate.

Attachments

• smileyresize.jpg
    smileyresize.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 37-Ford.jpg
    37-Ford.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 74

LifetimeDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984 1985 1977
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Welcome! It's great to see another dropped RC here besides mine! I like your ride