Take off vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I'm accelerating after being completely stopped I get a vibration from the rear for a second or two and then it goes away. It also comes back around 50mph. It all started the day I had new 4" leafs and 1" shackles installed in the rear as well as new 14" travel bilsteins and 2" wheel spacers put on. I've got a feeling it's the spacers but not too sure. Haven't had a handle to remove them and test without them on. What are all your thoughts in what it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Probably a result of the spacers, you changed your driveshaft/u-joint angles.
Do you have to accelerate at 50 mph to get it to come in?. If it only does it on accel I wouldn't worry about it, if it does it all the time I would.
Is your truck a long box with 2 piece rear drive shaft?
Drive line angle vibrations can be a real pita to eliminate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea. I was also thinking driveshaft angles. I did install the transmission drop bracket and carrier bearing drop kit to help in the beginning before the leafs and shackles when I just had blocks.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If it only does it on hard accel I wouldn't worry about it, if it does it all the time wellll.

Drive line angles are always a compromise on a pickup.

You can take a brand new half ton truck, put a fiberglass topper or some tools in the back and get them to vibrate on hard accel from a stop.

OP
OP
J

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is true. I guess it's something I'll have to deal with or chase. Once I need new tires I'll be putting new wheels on also with -44mm offset so that I can take the spacers off and still have the same stick out for the wheels. Having them centric will help and hopefully eliminate.