86 Power Ram W-100 Parking Brake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwrdbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Straight Six
Hey Guys, I recently acquired an 86 W-100 (3.7L 4WD, 4 speed, short bed) project. The truck needs some work but I bought it for a father-son project for me and my 14 year old. I've been a Mopar guy all my life and have had a number of muscle cars but never had a truck (he's more of a truck guy than I am but I'm getting into this project quite a bit). Anyways, we're in the process of rebuilding the parking brake setup. When we purchased the truck, a few items were missing. I replaced the front cable and installed it and just got the intermediate cable the other day. If you're familiar with these, you know that the end of the front cable (not pedal end) is a long threaded rod with 2 nuts. The intermediate cable (on the end pointing towards the front cable) is just a round ball. I'm looking for the piece to bridge these two ends together. I believe this piece is also needed to make the cable adjustments to loosen/tighten the cable. None of the auto parts stores in my area (Autozone, Advance, etc..) carry anything like this, they just have the cables. I've looked online but haven't had much luck. Today I called a Dodge dealership in our area and they gave me some information. They said I need the Cable Adjusting Link (Part# 3575604) and Parking Cable Adjusting Link Cushion (Part# 4238184). They also mentioned another nut but didn't give me the part number for it. Any information for that missing piece would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't got a good picture of it but could get a better picture tomorrow if it is decent out. it would be easy to make a piece that fits. i was thinking about converting my truck to 250/350 park brake setup since the 100/150 setup suck big time especially when you live where they salt the roads real good in the winter. pretty much need to free up the pivoting thing on the frame yearly. 250/350 setup has a cable that just runs straight rear splitter
L9XAzmsdrFcVgLyMtQDmijJx7DFesfNJFvd4g=w956-h637-no.jpg

OP
OP
P

pwrdbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Straight Six
Thanks Wolfie, is that picture you took of the 100/150 setup? It sucks because this truck we bought doesn't even have one on it. So I had no idea what I was looking for. The picture is a big help. Thank you for that. Any idea who might have one for sale?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
that is off a 100/150 setup. on a 250/350 the threaded rod goes all the way back to the metal bracket that the rear cables connect to. no intermediate cables or pieces like the 100/150 setup. i don't know of anyone selling one. if you got a welder and some tools it wouldn't be too hard to make one up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye