I want better disc brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 and 1984
Engine
5.7 and a slant six
I have a 84 d100 swb and was wanting to get rid of the rear drums and have bigger disc in front and go from 5x4.5 to 5x5.5.
Was thinking about getting a rearend out of a newer truck that has rear disc brakes.
What did I have to do to get 5x5.5 hub on the front

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
they make conversion kits to install disk brake on these axles. a new axle will need to be modified to work in one of these thing. if i remember correctly a lot of the newer trucks have wider rear axles.

OP
OP
Midnight 4x4

Midnight 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 and 1984
Engine
5.7 and a slant six
I know about the conversion kit I thought it would be easier to just swap rearends. I want to change the bolt part to fit the stock rims that came off my 2014 ram

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
you may want to do some research but i personally think it is a lot more work than it is worth to swap axle. it would likely be easier and cheaper to just do the conversion on the rear and use adapters since new rims have way more offset than the old trucks. even if you converted the front to 5x5.5 pattern like the new trucks i think you would still require spacers to run the newer rims in order to clear the hubs and brake calipers.