LED Signal lights (front)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On fourth gen rams, the orange signal lights on the front beneath the headlamps are very intense and bright, and fill out the entire orange plastic light cover, so I am assuming they're LED's. If I install LED bulbs properly as front signal lights on my 84 dodge, will they be as bright as the 4th gen ram signal lights? Or will the orange light cover disperse the light too much? I could fabricate a replacement plastic orange cover with less angled sections to make for a more intense light from the LED's, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
there is more to installing led's in the front than the covers. the wiring on these trucks are a bit finicky. i think if you install a led in the front the turn signal indicator will stay on when you turn the marker lights on because the way things are wired and the way led lights work.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What about getting an electronic flasher? I've considered getting one for the 76 because my blinkers are somewhat erratic. lol

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
electronic flasher would not solve this issue. all an electronic flasher would do is make the lights flash at a consistent speed even with the lack of load that led lights usually have.

that4wdwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
I'm not sure on specifics and this is just a guess, but wouldn't you have to wire in some type of relay for them to work?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
a relay would not solve the issue. you would need bulbs with separate led's for the marker light and separate led's for the turn signal or the turn signal indicator would be on every time you turn the marker lights. some diodes might also solve the issue but i am not sure