Looking for tailight panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel_eaton07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found an old 93 dodge sitting in a near by junkyard, body was in excellent condition frame was completely shot from rust and interior was excellent decided to take some parts home and make a bench out of the tailgate and back bumper only problem is I need the panel that houses the tailights in order to get the bench to work properly. Already tried to just put the tailgate links onto the studs and wasn't long enough. Anybody know where I can get this part looked every where and can't find it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 43

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
even tho i have no clue what your talking about but i am pretty sure the parts you want can not be bought new.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dear God, how did you find such a mint tailgate? I've been looking around and LMC doesn't sell new tailgates. Don't use that for a table, I'll put it to good use. *grabby hands*

All jokes aside, wish I lived near you because I would have stripped that dodge clean. Heck, I prolly would have just bought the whole thing and used it as spare parts and something to transfer on my truck.

As wolfie said, don't think you can buy the back end of the bed quarter panels that houses the taillights new. Would have to cut them off a truck to get them. I think you're wanting to turn the back end of the ram into a table? Then yea, you'll have to cut them off an already existing truck.

OP
OP
S

Samuel_eaton07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea that's what I'm thinking used lmc for my 98 dodge a little expensive but had what I needed. I was shocked at the condition only thing sad was I love up north now so the salt from the winter ate away at the frame talking quarter size plus holes it was shot. But I grabbed the interior as well leather is in same condition I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and just stripping the things clean bed can and all cause the guy at the junkyard is really reasonable on his prices found a set of nerf bars for $50 wasn't a big fan of the style so I turned around sold em on craigslist for $150 had a call within an hour and 2 hours later gone

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
lmc is not cheap and everything they have in there catalog can usually be found elseware for a lot cheaper. i know sometime even the dodge dealer is a lot cheaper to get parts from then lmc is.

OP
OP
S

Samuel_eaton07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I found that out the hard way. You wouldn't happen to know where I could find the color codes for this color blue would you? I was almost thinking it was repainted but I seen another one driving around same color or close to it was thinking of trying to find out exactly what color it is try to order some if they still make it.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i know there is tags on the truck that i think tell you what color paint was used on them but i don't know how to decipher them.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I only said lmc because they have the biggest selection for parts for a first gen. I agree though, they're rather expensive and I have found many parts much cheaper, no doubt about it. Just no one sells brand new tailgates for the first gen. I live in Ohio and can't relate more with you with the salt and water damage to the frame. Luckily mine is still intact. Wish junkyards around here had first gens. Been to a few and researched some others and far as I know, no one has any that I can pull parts from.

Lucky you about how easy you sold those nerf bars. I have a bed cap been trying to get rid of for about a month now and only had a scammer contact me lol.