Need some "bulb" advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
So. My truck as developed a hankering for shorting bulb wires. My reverse lights don't work. Replaced the bad bulb and checked the other. Both are good now but not reverse lights. Also my interior cab light stopped working. Again, bulb is fine and tested with new bulb. Fuses are both is fine.
Thoughts?

Sent from my bag phone...

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
for the backup lights you need to test the backup light switch. that is where the issue generally are. sometimes it is a bad switch or sometimes it is a bad wire going to the switch. if you unplug the backup light switch you should see voltage at one of the wires with the key in the run position.

you may want to check the wires that run along the drivers side floor by the door. it is common for them to break. that would cause the cab light to quit working.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dwysywd

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
Ah yes the driver floor wire... I think it got cut the other day. Gtk. As for the switch, where is it mounted? Also, any suggestions on door deals that actually fit and work?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the backup light switch should be mounted on the drivers side of the transmission somewhere.

i think it depends on what seals you need. pretty much any door seals should work but they sell more complete kits that i think are a bit cheaper if you need more seal like the window seals.

OP
OP
dwysywd

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
The kits all have mixed reviews. I didn't know if you had used one you recommended or not.

OP
OP
dwysywd

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
Might as well buy them all. They all suck and leak. They are 31 years old lol

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the only one you might find impossible to find are the ones for the rear door. you may end up having to buy a front door set and make them work with a rear door.

OP
OP
dwysywd

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
That's what the guys at just about every company say. I've thought of buying just the bulk seal in a roll. Have any experience with that?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
no. i think the around the door seal should be a easy one to replace or make work on the rear doors. i think it would be more so the stuff like the stuff around the window that you might have to get creative with.