quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhouse07

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999, 1993
Engine
magnum 5.9, magnum 5.2
I have a 93 d150 I have been wanting to put back to mostly original shape for awhile. After searching for parts trucks locally I found an 84 dodge longed that is practically rust free. I was wondering if anyone out there would have any knowledge of wether or not the body panels would fit smoothly on my 93. Fenders, doors, hood, and bed are going to be replaced. It would probably be easier just to get a new truck but this dodge has meaning to it and would like to see the body back to better shape. These parts are cheap at $250 for everything listed. Any input would be great. Thank you!

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that is cheap. But to answer your question, most body panels on the first gens have stayed pretty consistent. So you should be safe to get parts off an older model. If you have the standard cab on both, the bed should be the same size as well. Totally understand the sentimentality of the Ram though. Mine isn't exactly in the best shape, but my plan is to make it look pretty but also be able to work too. While it may not be worth it to others, but it will be totally worth it to me.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
all body parts between 81-93 are interchangeable. a lot of other parts are also interchangeable.

AshC

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984 & 2009
Engine
318, 5.7L Hemi
I have a 93 d150 I have been wanting to put back to mostly original shape for awhile. After searching for parts trucks locally I found an 84 dodge longed that is practically rust free. I was wondering if anyone out there would have any knowledge of wether or not the body panels would fit smoothly on my 93. Fenders, doors, hood, and bed are going to be replaced. It would probably be easier just to get a new truck but this dodge has meaning to it and would like to see the body back to better shape. These parts are cheap at $250 for everything listed. Any input would be great. Thank you!

Good for you! Mine is very sentimental to me too, I've had it for 12 years and wouldn't get rid of it for anything, even though it sat for years without running.

Good luck!