Sierra Fender Flares on a First Gen Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey,
I've always liked the look of those bolt pattern fender flares you see on new dodges and chevs. I was wondering if you think that these bushwacker flares would fit on a first gen dodge.... the wheel wells on both types of trucks are quite similar, a rounded rectangle shape.

Would these fender flares be flexible enough to bend to the curvature of a first gen dodge? (they are attached with 3M tape, not bolts, which is why I think it will work)

GMC Boss Pocket Style Fender Flare Set of 4 | 40928-02 | Bushwacker

Let me know what you guys think
(and I know bushwacker makes flares for our dodges, but they do not have that aggressive, thick profile like new truck fender flares have)

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
My thought is if they fit the manufacturer would list them for your model. Otherwise no, they don't fit. My 2 cents...

OP
OP
Y

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My thought is if they fit the manufacturer would list them for your model. Otherwise no, they don't fit. My 2 cents...

I understand what you're saying. But I'm not expecting it to be a direct, perfect fit. A little bit of modding would be required. What I'm saying is : if I stick a fender flare against the wheel well then attach it with the provided 3M tape, even if it is not exactly the same shape as the wheel well, you wouldn't be able to tell because the wheel well is being covered by the flare. So, essentially the new wheel well shape is the shape of the fender flare. Does that make sense?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I understand what you're saying. But I'm not expecting it to be a direct, perfect fit. A little bit of modding would be required. What I'm saying is : if I stick a fender flare against the wheel well then attach it with the provided 3M tape, even if it is not exactly the same shape as the wheel well, you wouldn't be able to tell because the wheel well is being covered by the flare. So, essentially the new wheel well shape is the shape of the fender flare. Does that make sense?

Give them a try and lets see how they fit.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
if they dont fit you can just take em back off. may take a little trimming might as well give it a try!

that4wdwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
I think those would look pretty nice if they were done right imo!