Trying to Achieve the "4wd" Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have an 84 D150 (2wd). Around where I live, old dodges are very hard to find in half decent shape. So instead of selling this one and looking for a W150 (4wd) I decided to keep this one, which is in very good shape. I dont necessarily need the capability of the four wheel drive, but I would really like to at least have the look of one. I want people to look at it and NOT immediately know that it's just a 2wd. So I've been buying a few things here and there to try and create the 4wd look. I still haven't installed the leveling kit but in this photo, it looks fairly level because of the Hill that it's parked on.

What do you guys think? Would you have to look at this ram for more than a couple seconds to tell if it's a 2wd or 4wd? Or am I still quite a ways from achieving the four wheel drive appearance?

Thanks

IMG_00000397.jpg

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's one awesome truck. I'm glad you decided to keep it. I definitely can't tell just by looking at it that it's 2wd. I'm not the best at noticing stuff like that though, so I guess we'll see what everyone else says.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You've done nicely thus far. If you want to take it farther, maybe a 3-5" body lift and some big @$$ knobby-mudder tires on taller rims; maybe Nittos. That assumes your drive train is solid and your wallet is amply padded. :rockit:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Front leveling kit and some 33" tires will do the trick. Nice truck.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it would only me take a glance to see that the truck is a 2wd. you are not that far away from making it look like a 4x4. you just have to get the front end to sit level with the back end to make it look like a 4x4 but doing this will make your truck look silly if you ever load the box full.

OP
OP
Y

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate your replies.

I hopefully will get that leveling kit installed soon,then I will look at tire options. That will come in time though, tires are pretty pricey for me right now.