Who Else Has This Bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A couple of weeks ago, I got cut off and unfortunately couldn't stop or serve in time to avoid an accident. Me and the other person are both still considered "young" drivers and already pay a ridiculous amount of insurance for minimal coverage, and any ticket accident or mishap will sky rocket that persons insurance price even more.

So we aren't going through insurance to repair the damage on my d150. That person is just paying me money depending on how much the repair will cost, that way that person's insurance will stay where it is price wise.

The bumper that is on my d150 is over sized and definitely not the stock bumper. The holes on the bumper and frame doc not line up so the bumper is slanted downward slightly. This isn't a "bent" frame or bumper,its simply just because of the way the holes line up. But here is the problem..

I have never seen another one of these oversized bumpers Anywhere. It is definitely a dodge bumper, and looks the same shape as any other first gen front bumper, but it is MUCH wider and I just love having an oversized bumper on my ram. it is bent too much to fix so I need another one but no one seems to have ever seen this large of a bumper before. When comparing it to the stock bumper of these trucks, mine is almost 3 inches wider and taller than those stock ones.

Does anyone know what the bumper could be off of? Maybe a w350? That is the biggest first gen ram that I can think of but have never seen one to compare my bumper to. I hope I do not have to settle for the regular sized bumper. The picture is the only way I know how to show the bumper's size. It was taken way before the accident happened.

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMG_00000182.jpg
    IMG_00000182.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 70

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
as far as i know they used the same bumper on all the trucks. you can get a brand new chome bumper from rock auto for $167 plus shipping. i think my ramcharger has the same overhang you are talking about
IMAG0499.jpg

Nabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318 TBI
Do you have measurements on that bumper? Your old one looks just like mine that was recently damaged in an accident. I have a new one coming in a few days from eBay, that I think looks identical, I'd like to compare all the measurements.

Much as I love Rockauto, the cost of the bumper plus shipping was just ridiculous, so I picked one up off eBay for $149 with free freight shipping...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350751473247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
looks like a factory 1991 bumper. slightly different than an 85