Custom interiors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deblackmon3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 318
Has anyone ever considered having a custom interior for their truck? I've always wanted to switch from the vinyl flooring to carpet, new leather bench seat and door handles, custom dash (hand made by myself out of wood!), and alot of other kinks that I would want, new sound system, everything customized to how I want it. I was even thinking of having my last name burned into the leather seat, and basically turning it into a luxury truck, and I mean REAL luxury, none of that plastic crap that is in cars these days.

Cost estimate? More than I want to know. It's completely a waste of money, putting any money into this car is a waste, but I don't care, since I wan't to own this thing for decades, doing anything it takes to keep it running.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
that would be cool! all I've managed to do with my interior is converting to bucket seats thus far. and a nice booming stereo. ( 2 tweeters (doors)2 5 1/4s(doors), 2 6x9's(behind the seats), a 1500 watt sub( hidden in center console), and 2 12 inch subs(facing outward from center console)(all of which is in a regular cab))

OP
OP
Deblackmon3

Deblackmon3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 318
that would be cool! all I've managed to do with my interior is converting to bucket seats thus far. and a nice booming stereo. ( 2 tweeters (doors)2 5 1/4s(doors), 2 6x9's(behind the seats), a 1500 watt sub( hidden in center console), and 2 12 inch subs(facing outward from center console)(all of which is in a regular cab))

Damn, don't blow your ear drums! That's ridiculous haha, I never would have thought you could fit all that in a reg cab. Got any pics of it on here?

I see no reason not to. It's a project truck for a reason eh?

You see, the interior of my truck is completely original and in almost perfect condition. Clean vinyl floors and dash, getting in a new roof liner soon, even the seat is almost perfect, there's just a small gummy stain in the center that's the size of a half-dollar. I'll post some pics of it in a few minutes.

Edit: got some images of my current interior.
deblackmon3-albums-pictures_9_16_13-picture11609-clean_bump_center_cab_whatever_its_called_took_forever_get_clean_now.jpg

deblackmon3-albums-pictures_9_16_13-picture11608-interior_driver-sider_view.jpg

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
I don't have any pics yet. and that stereo is loud. I have the factory dash, and carpet. bucket seats from a 79. and a custom center console. its a lot of stereo for a regular cab. but I had to beat those imports at car shows and such.

WayfarerWalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

What kind of buckets did you use? I'd like some low back buckets and trying my hand at a designing a fiberglass console.

I have seen some custom door panels somewhere on the web, I might try that also along with a new gauge cluster.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
What kind of buckets did you use? I'd like some low back buckets and trying my hand at a designing a fiberglass console.

I used factory bucket seats from a 78 or 79 I think. bolted right in. if you like to rapidly accelerate as I do, then you might want highbacks... otherwise your head will hit that back glass. lol.

I have seen some custom door panels somewhere on the web, I might try that also along with a new gauge cluster.

haven't tried door panels. fiberglass console took me a lot of tries to get just right.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block

I used factory bucket seats from a 78 or 79 I think. bolted right in. if you like to rapidly accelerate as I do, then you might want highbacks... otherwise your head will hit that back glass. lol. haven't tried door panels. fiberglass console took me a lot of tries to get just right.

WayfarerWalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used factory bucket seats from a 78 or 79 I think. bolted right in. if you like to rapidly accelerate as I do, then you might want highbacks... otherwise your head will hit that back glass. lol. haven't tried door panels. fiberglass console took me a lot of tries to get just right.

I was going with the low back buckets because a friend put some friggin nice recaro's in his reg cab and when he pushed his seat back the headrests busted the rear glass out. :rotflmao: I'll have to look for some factory seats, thanks for the info.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
best of luck to you wayfarer! keep us updated on your progress on your project!

MC Choppers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
In my 85 reg cab I put a blow through into the bed and was running 4 12" subs plus 2 dual voice coil 10" subs behind buckets had at time with 2 sets of 6.5" components in door with lots of power to make system sound good. In process of redoing entire interior.

Alberta Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I hear you, old school with some updated newness ! I'm looking at Cadillac Escalade seats. Leather and powered, heated. The other issue will be finding a centre console for my Coffee addiction !

Alberta Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
In my 85 reg cab I put a blow through into the bed and was running 4 12" subs plus 2 dual voice coil 10" subs behind buckets had at time with 2 sets of 6.5" components in door with lots of power to make system sound good. In process of redoing entire interior.
A lot cheaper installing duel headphone jacks ! lol

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
what did you use for the frame work when you did you console & Fiberglassed over it.
I have a 72 Bronco & I put in a NP435 & TWIN STICKS . BLACK Interior so I need to patch over the holes for the shifters. I started with an old oil box / case / card board box. & Cut & patched with duck tape . Got it into place .
So I put on some fiberglass .. WOW I liked it. Then before I knew it I'd pull it & fiberglassed the under side. I Later sprayed it with black rattle can. i decided to see if I liked it . It's been in about 12 years now ... & I'VE CUT IT OUT TWICE & PUT IT BACK IN WITH MORE FIBERGLASS .. bUT i WAS WONDERING WHAT SOME ONE ELSE USES.