No Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Hey All, I replaced the steering column in my 88 w250 318. The new steering column came out of a 88 Ram Charger with a 360. I put it in and now i have no spark. Just curious if anybody else has ran into the same problem.

Last edited:

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
are you sure you hooked everything up properly. there should be really no difference between the steering columns.

OP
OP
G

Gator123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Yea I'm pretty sure. All the plugs connectors were the same. The column I took out had cruise control and the new one doesn't. I wouldn't think that have anything to do with it. It ran fine when I pulled it into the shop I swapped columns and no spark.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
could possibly have a bad ignition switch on the new steering column. you could try pulling the ignition switch off the old column and see if it allows your truck to start.

OP
OP
G

Gator123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Well swapping ignition switches didn't work. I tried hard wiring the coil and that didn't work so I put the old column back in and it fired right up. I did notice the rod that comes off the ignition switch that goes down the column to some kind of module that activates everything are backward between the 2 columns. One pushes in to activate the other pulls out. I'm going to leave the old column in for now because I'm in the process of moving but once I get settled I'm going to figure out how to make that new column work.