radio change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
my truck did not have a radio when i bought it and id like to install one that i can atleast play cd's. i dont need a "bumping sound system" simipler the better. im looking for a cheap after market one or one that could be swapped form a different vehicle

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
Does it have the wiring for a stereo? If it does you can get an adapter at wal mart and a dash install kit at wall mart. Youd have to install speakers. I have no idea what to do if it dpesnt have the wiring.I'm not a stereo guy.

OP
OP
O

oldblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
d250
Engine
im pretty sure it does. the wires are a bit of a mess. it doesnt look like there are to many wires so i can probably figure it out. it looks like there is speakers in the side of the doors. i may just through in a stock radio for now if i can find one

cumminswisher44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any aftermarket radio can be put in these old trucks easily. Couple wires. Costant power (for the clock) ground, power when the key is in run position, depending on speakers two or 4 wires for audio. And your antenna wire. Installed a phase linear in my 82 with 4 stock speakers. Took about half hour.

midcities

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i installed this pioneer in my 91 d150 and was very easy

Attachments

• ramradio.jpg
    ramradio.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 96