Stereo Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deblackmon3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 318
i don't mind a bit of bass but when you start having the rear view mirror shaking to the point where it is useless it seem like it might be a bit too much. i know my amp can put out way more than my sub can handle.

if the truck is your daily driver you may want to focus on more important stuff light putting your headlights on relays. one of the best upgrades you can do on any old vehicles. it makes your headlights a lot brighter.

I once shook my mom's rear view off, it was bad :Pshyco:

Relays should be coming in soon, that's like one of the first things I planned on doing (that isn't engine related)

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
don't let dodge dude scare you. your truck should probably have the 90 amp alternator since you have a/c. if not the smallest alternator i think was 75amp. as long as you do the big 3 upgrade you should be fine. i have the 65amp alternator on my 81 and the lights don't dim when my stereo is on.

i don't mind a bit of bass but when you start having the rear view mirror shaking to the point where it is useless it seem like it might be a bit too much. i know my amp can put out way more than my sub can handle.

if the truck is your daily driver you may want to focus on more important stuff light putting your headlights on relays. one of the best upgrades you can do on any old vehicles. it makes your headlights a lot brighter.
Hey now, I have A/C and a 65amp alt.

Oh yeah...my truck is 11 years older than his.

:Pshyco:

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
my ramcharger is a base model with a/c and it has the 90amp alternator.

i don't plan on trying but i think i might be able to take out a window in my truck if i was to turn things ups. it is only a truck. there is not really a lot of room for the sound to go.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I dunno, you might find some air leaks you never noticed before. :D

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Non-working A/C club!

internet-bro-fist.jpg

Sliding glass back windows help as well because the air can exit the cab. :D

Deblackmon3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 318
Non-working A/C club!

internet-bro-fist.jpg

Sliding glass back windows help as well because the air can exit the cab. :D

My truck doesn't have the sliding glass window :( I want one sooo bad but I don't know where to find one! It would be so convenient and the air wouldn't drown out the radio when I'm on the interstate.

88rambigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985, 1988, 2001
Engine
1970 coded 440 big block
walmart has the wiring adapter!

ray hall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 slant six
I mosve mine back to the 20th century. I took the CD player out as I hate CS and mo3s and I put the factory cassette radio back bnb in and I added an after market 8 track player 1001172242a.jpg