79 ram 360 distributor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwayne4385

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im helping my friend work on his 79 d300 with a 360. He brought it over for no spark. We. Narrowed it down to the distributor. We pulled the distributor abd order a new one. While we were waiting on the new part we think someone bumped the key. So we set the motor to tdc on the compersion stroke and 0 on the dampened. When we put the new distributor in the rotor does not face the #1 cylinder tower on the cap. I looked down where the distributor goes and it doesn't look like theres a way to adjust that because of the gears. I'm thinking the timing chain jumped. Any other ideas

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
with dodge truck you either have the distributor in dead on or 180* off. just dropper her in, snug her down and see what happen. if you see gas being blown out the throat of the carb then it is most likely 180* off.

as far as the no spark goes did you check to see if you have power at the coil? ballast resister go bad with age and will prevent the coil from getting power if it fails