83 W150 Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lolorcaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1983 Dodge Ram W150, and I've been having a problem lately. This is going to be hard to explain, but I'll try my best. The problem is that when I get going from being stationary it somewhat acts like it wants to quit for 1 or 2 seconds. I suppose it does this just about every time. For example, if I was in some somewhat heavy traffic, where I'd have to stop & go, stop & go etc, my truck would take a second or two to go as if it is bogging down. Also, I noticed today after my truck sat for approximately 6 hours I let it warm up for a minute, and it was trying to quit many times as I got going. I noticed that if I barely press on the gas (going very slow don't know the exact mph) it will run fine, but as soon as I press a little more it acts like it's going to die. I also noticed that after about 10 minutes of driving it won't do it anymore, or won't do it as bad. This has gotten really annoying. If you have any thoughts on what the problem is I'll be glad to hear them.

OP
OP
lolorcaust

lolorcaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea. I bought it from a guy not too long ago (5 or so months ago). There's no telling when the last time they've been changed.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
could pull one out and check the condition. also look at the wires and make sure they are okay.

OP
OP
lolorcaust

lolorcaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll see what I can do to try to get one of the spark plugs out this weekend.

OP
OP
lolorcaust

lolorcaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, my dad filled my truck up full of gas and drove it for a few days. He told me it runs fine. I did put some sea foam in it before I noticed it driving not so well, so I think I didn't have enough gas in it to mix in with the sea foam. Therefore, it wasn't running correctly. I drove it myself, and it seems to be running fine so far. Hopefully it was just rookie mistake such as this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45