87 d100 idles fine but stalls when driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delmivet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7l slant 6
i currently bought an 87 d100 with a 3.7l slant six off of a friend. he was having major fuel problems with it and was tired of working on it. I knew it was vapor lock and i fixed it and the truck ran great for about a week. Then it started jerking violently and wanting to die while going up hills. down shifting helps for a few seconds but then it does it again. anywho its getting worse and after about 2-4miles of driving it will do it even on a flat surface or going downhill.

newer fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and had a rebuilt carb on it.

i purchased a carb from a junkyard off a 79-80 valiant and it starts up and idles even better but still has the same problems while driving.

yes it still has the electric spark control but after the truck warms up and you disconnect the vaccum hose to the ecu theres a big difference so im pretty sure its still working.

i apologize for the lengthy read im just getting very frustrated with this truck but i dont want to sell it lol. any help is greatly appreciated.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What about spark plug wires?