'93 5.2 swap to '99 5.9 ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 93 w-150 that has the 318 magnum in it. The motor recently locked up on me. I have found a wrecked 99 with a good 360 in it for cheap. What am I looking at as far as swapping from throttlle body to fuel injection. What do I need to look out for as far as replacing the ECM and harness. The 99 is a complete truck, so I will have all the parts I need, but I'm really clueless as far as what I'm about to have to do. Is it possible? What extras do I need to run/wire? Looking for a heads up please. Thanks.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have a 318 Magnum, you already have multiport fuel injection, I think all 93 Rams did.

Physically, you might have an issue with the torque converter being different, but nothing to difficult, I believe the other accessories should mostly bolt up. No idea on the AC.

The ECM for the motor is under the hood, just make sure you keep the donor truck till it's all complete. You can pretty much take the wiring harness free from the '99 and set it in the '93 and then make it match up.

The gauges n such will very likley not work, but you can manage.

OP
OP
T

Toon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Im gonna go pick up the donor this weekend. I'll be on here quite a bit asking about things.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
actually you may have to buy a computer for a 93 360 and some injectors with the right connectors or adapters. i would probably go for some Bosche 4 hole injectors. now i am not 100% sure of this but i think the flex plate on the 99 and newer 360 is balanced so i think it should just bolt right up to your transmission. you may also want to consider fixing the plenum gasket before you stick the 360 in your truck. don't forget to take your crank position sensor out of the engine before tear it out. if you don't you will most likely break it which will cost you at least another $40.