About to give up on this w250!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerddge1138

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Ive been working on this truck for over a year and I am about to just take it to a junk yard!
Problem: It lobes when it is cold and you have to keep on the gas to keep it running, but when it is warm, it runs and idles just fine. This all started after I did an oil change and I put rotella 10w-30 in it, Yes I know that is diesel oil. But ive heard of guys using the 10w-30 in gas engines. And yes Ive done multiple oil changes (with new filters) after, always when the motor is hot so the oil is thinner.

Parts Changed:
Fuel injectors Twice. (TBI)
Intake manifold and gaskets.
Spark plugs and wires.
Cap, Rotor and coil.
Idle Air control Actuator
Coolant Temp Sensor
Radiator
Air filter and housing
Compression Tested, all cylinders at 140 or above.
Vacuum test at 19 inch of mercury.
Coolant changed and no air in the system.
Fuel Filter was changed Earlier this year.

Ive adjusted the idle the way the chiltons manual and the way some guys on here have told me too and that hasnt helped either. I can't think of anything else. At the risk of sounding rude DO NOT RESPOND, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE POST.

Please help!!

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
OP
OP
P

Powerddge1138

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Its a 1990. I have replaced the hall effect sensor in the distributor. A gentleman i work with told me that i could have not torqued the intake down tight enough and when its cold it has a vacuum leak but when it warms up the intake material expands and it seals the leak.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi powerddge 1138.

HAd a 360 in a Fury that did that. They are fussy about timing. Check the ICM board. Usually if the ballast resistor goes you lose all ignition. Also check for vacuum leaks. These engines do not like vacuum leaks. make sure if you have any vacuum activated accessories i.e. heater ac system that there are no vacuum leaks there either.
Hope this helps,

preachp

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
since people seem to be completely missing it the truck is a 1990 i figure i would point it out. it is fuel injected. no ballast resister. it is all computer controlled ignition.

do you got a cam in the engine? the only reason i ask is i think 19in-hg is bit low. mine usually sit around 21 in-hg when i don't have a leak.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Subscribed..