Bleeding clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, looking for some help/advice. I've tried researching on ways to bleed the clutch in my 92. However, I kept getting results saying that it can't be done. So I went underneath and found that must be it. It seems to be all one unit, sealed and unable to be bled.

The reason why I want to bleed it is because it's sometimes hard for me to shift into reverse and I have to pump the clutch multiple times before I can finally slide it into reverse. The only way I can think of trying to bleed the clutch is to crack the fill reservoir and pump the clutch to see if that fixes it. Are there any other ways without taking everything apart?

Would this even be a clutch problem? I don't get stuck in reverse, but its just hard to get into reverse without forcing it, which I know is bad.

Thanks.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i don't think you can. i am pretty sure it is one of them things that you just keep topped up.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Sounds more like your clutch pivot fork or pressure plate is getting tired. Only reason you would need to bleed the system is if you replace a component

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Roadkill

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured that being an all enclosed system without a bleed nut means that it shouldn't be bled unless otherwise worked on, as both you said. I just know many other makes have a bleeder nut so the system can be bled.

So ultimately the tranny might have to be dropped in order to look at it to see if the parts need replaced?

I'm looking around some and it seems O'reilly's is the better choice as I can buy a clutch set for like 200 and then the fork is 40. Autozone wants 500 for just the pressure plate. Guess that might be next on my list as it keeps growing. My steering gear box just went out last week. Pulled out of my driveway and all my steering fluid dumped out the box at one time. Luckily a rebuild kit is only like 20. Just hope I can get it fixed and nothing goes wrong. Don't want to have a buy a new one for like 150.

I've decided I want to fix this truck up from top to bottom so better to figure stuff out as soon as possible so I know what needs to be done. Thanks for the help!