carb rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGMIKEisLURKIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6, 3.7
okay so Im about to have my carb rebuilt, but how do I know which kit to buy? I looked on the neck of the carb but theres a bunch numbers on it and how do I figure out which number is the number to go by?

Neight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2 V8
On the front of the carb, the choke tower, there should be a number. For example mine is 4324629. Just take that number to either the website of your carb (Holley etc.) or just Google that number with the manufacturer's name. I used a Walker rebuild kit for my Holley 2280 carb.

OP
OP
B

BIGMIKEisLURKIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6, 3.7
On the front of the carb, the choke tower, there should be a number. For example mine is 4324629. Just take that number to either the website of your carb (Holley etc.) or just Google that number with the manufacturer's name. I used a Walker rebuild kit for my Holley 2280 carb.

So I dont have to purchase a holley rebuild kit for a holley carb? I've never done this before so I just want to make sure.

OP
OP
B

BIGMIKEisLURKIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6, 3.7
The numbers on my rochester carb are:

And they are stacked just like that on the neck of the carb. But when I go to google and type in rochester carb 4306460 everything comes back as a 1945 model and not a 1965. So im getting confused buying the rebuild kit. Can someone help me?

Neight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2 V8
Carb Rebuild Kits

I would go here and try to find your carb based on if it's single barrel/double barrel/etc and they also have pictures of carbs so you should be able to match it up. You can also search based off of carb numbers.

This Kit should be the one you need, and I'm thinking it should be 1945.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BIGMIKEisLURKIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6, 3.7
Carb Rebuild Kits

I would go here and try to find your carb based on if it's single barrel/double barrel/etc and they also have pictures of carbs so you should be able to match it up. You can also search based off of carb numbers.

This Kit should be the one you need, and I'm thinking it should be 1945.

Thanks alot!
I think it should be 1945 also, but Im guessing there was a misprint or something